Chapter Thirty-One: Time of Need

I dressed for the day, after what happened in the woods

I dressed for the day, after what happened in the woods. I kept it to myself, I couldn't have Parrish and the rest of my friends worrying over me. There was enough to be worrying about with Gerard and this Anuk-ite. I tried phoning Lydia, but I couldn't get any answer, nor could I get one from Malia or Scott...

I arrived at Scott's place, my heels clicking against the pavement before I entered the kitchen door. "Scott!" I shout throughout the house, the door shutting behind me. "Scott!" I shout again but I heard no answer nor a heartbeat. I stood in the living room, before turning around. Just in time to see Lydia entering through the kitchen door. "He's not here," I told her as she picked up her peace to me, standing in front within seconds. 

"Where is he?" Lydia asks, but I gave her a shrug before looking behind me. 

"Hello, girls," Peter's voice rang out in my ear, making Lydia spin around, gasping for a moment as she was shocked. 

"Oh, my," Lydia cuts herself off as she took a deep breath as I hear her heartbeat loudly for a moment. "What are you doing here?" Lydia finally asks him.

"Looking for Malia. What are you both doing here?" Peter asks his hands on his waist, his gaze flickering between us. 

"Looking for Scott," Lydia began as we both take a few steps closer to him. "Obviously," I see her eyes roll around the room as we were in his house.

"Why?"

"Why are you looking for Malia?" Lydia shot back to him.

"Parental concern," Peter replies after a moment, making Lydia and I 'Hmm' at him, as there was more to this than he's telling us. "Why didn't you just call Scott?" He asks.

"Why didn't you call Malia?" I ask back, raising an eyebrow to him.

"This... We're not... This is..." Peter tried to form the words. "We're not getting very far with this conversation," Peter states as he was right, we didn't have time to play games.

"I can't reach him," Lydia broke the cycle as we were now getting somewhere.

"Well, I can't reach her, or anyone. There's reports that several cell phone towers in the area are down," Peter told us, and we didn't know that.

"Can we have big concern for that?" I ask my gaze flickering between them both. 

"It's more than that," Peter states to us, as we were connecting the dots now. 

"Monroe and Gerard?" Lydia replies to him as this was on all our minds right now. 

"They're cutting us off from the outside," Peter states, making me raise an hand to my forehead as I began to gently message it.

"And from each other," I said, but didn't lower my hand from my forehead. 

"Which likely means that they've already started amassing troops on their side," Peter spoke as I lowered my hand from my forehead as we needed to find our friends.