Chapter Thirty-Four: The Lived

Once Parrish was back on his feet, and was ready to go

Once Parrish was back on his feet, and was ready to go. He and the Sheriff left with the three deputies, and I checked my phone to see a message off of Lydia telling me that they were at the school. I didn't waste any time and I went straight to the school as this was the fight of our lives. I enter through one of the many entrances of the High School, I was met with a dead, lowly light corridor. My heels clicked against the marble flooring of the corridor, as I wondered down passing lockers on the way. As I came center of the corridor, I stopped and began listening throughout the corridor and see what I can hear in the distance...

"Look at me!" A distorted voice rang out in my ear, but it sent deadly shiver down my spin as it must have been the Aunk-ite. I rush down the remaining corridor, as at the end was a tight corner that led down the other corridor full of lockers. Once I got to the corner and turned sharply, I stopped as I see the back head of the Aunk-ite. His head was bald and skin less, it was vile to look at, but I also saw Derek raising his head.

"Derek!" I yelled through the hallway, but it was too late, Derek looked into the eyes of the Aunk-ite and began to stone over, until he was a statue. My heart dropped, but the Anuk-ite turned swiftly, but I snapped my eyes shut before I could meet his deadly gaze. My heart began to race, my palms began to sweat as I could hear the heavy footsteps of the Aunk-ite. "I'm not scared of you!" I strongly spoke, but he kept coming closer.

"No you are not, but you fear something," the voice was no longer distorted, the Anuk-ite mimicked Derek's voice, but it sounded like him. "You fear everyone around you will die," Derek's voice rang out in my ears. "You fear that you will never grow old and have children of your own because you are a abomination," Derek's voice crawled under my skin, and he sounded like he was in front of me.

"No!" I shout as I swing my hand out to him but I must have missed the target. "I'm not a abomination," my voice lowered as it was soft.

"You let me die," my heart dropped as it was no longer Derek's voice I heard. It was my sisters. "You let me die. You let that monster tear me in half... Open your eyes, see me again," my sisters voice made me tear up, but a part of me wanted to open my eyes, open them to see my sister again.

"My sister died a long time ago," I choked the words out, as I accepted the fact, accepted her's and my family death.

"Open your eyes, Alice. It's me," the Anuk-ite was now mimicking Parrish's voice. "Come on, it's me," Parrish's hand touched my hand, holding it in his, but I knew it was fake, but it felt so real. "Open them for me," his sweet voice rang out my ears, but I felt compelled to do so. Though my mind told me not too, but my eyes began to peel open, and light burst through my eyes. Once I opened them, I see the skinless face of the Anuk-ite, his eyes a dim purple before they began to glow and cover his full eyes. My breath hitched, as it's face was scaring the shit out of me. My body became stiff, as my hands began to turn into stone, and I was frozen to the spot. Within seconds, I couldn't move and became a full statue, bringing darkness...