Chapter Thirty: Halwyn

Malia went to the double doors to the MRI, making sure that no one was about to walk in, which they couldn't as it was magically sealed. But it would raise concern throughout the hospital...

"There has to be another way," Lydia's voice pierced my ears making me raise my gaze from the screen to see her staring at Malia who came back.

"Yeah, if we had more time, I'm sure we could figure something out, but we don't. Someone might try coming through that door any second now and bust us. Our last shot at figuring out how to beat the Anuk-ite might be lying on that table, so we need to make a decision right now," Malia states to us as we didn't have time to figure another way to save him.

"You don't mean decide, you mean do it," Lydia spoke kind of harshly as she brush pass up.

"Yeah, I think it's the right decision. If it were Parrish, he'd want us to do it," Malia spoke making me cock my gaze to her. "He'd sacrifice his life for everyone in Beacon Hills," Malia was right, he would sacrifice himself to save everyone in Beacon Hills because he was like that.

"But Parrish would be able to make the decision himself. We don't know what Halwyn would do," Lydia spoke back to Malia, her voice kind of raised.

"We kind of do. He built Eichen. He froze himself for one-hundred years so that he could be ready to fight the Anuk-ite. The first thing he does when he's unfrozen is start hunting the thing. If that's the only thing he's ever cared about... Then he'd want us to do this," Malia spoke from the heart, as she was right about this. Halwyn took steps to make sure if the Anuk-ite every got free he would wake and imprison it again. Lydia comes over and hovered her fingers above the buttons that raises the magnetism of the MRI. She pushes the both buttons up as the MRI began to hum, and it raised with the higher the buttons went.

Moments passed as the machine was warming up, but something peeked in my ear. A heartbeat that was gaining rhythm and getting faster.

"Something's wrong," Malia began as she moves forward.

"What is it?" Lydia asks.

"His heartbeat. It's too fast and erratic," Malia spoke her gaze on Halwyn. The machine began beeping as Halwyn's body began to twitch and leapt up and down like he was having a fit.

"Turn it off! Turn it off!" I state aloud as Malia and Lydia began pressing buttons and tried turning it off. But Halwyn's body began to plus and twitch some more, it looked like his body was going to leap off the MRI bed. Suddenly, Halwyn roars and then the lights and machine turns off, putting us in darkness. Lydia pushed Malia and I, making us run to the open door and into the MRI room. The lights flicker back on and we see Halwyn standing, heat emitting off him as his gaze met ours.

"Where is it?" He asks in a deep - kind of distorted voice. He steps towards us but began to become weak and his legs no longer supporting him as he trips. But Lydia and Malia catches him, as he hits the wall and slides down, making both of them crouch to his level. "What's happening," he asks, his breathing kind of heavy.

"The Anuk-it is destroying our city, that's what's happening. And we need you to tell us how to kill it," Malia questions him because we knew he was dying.

"Malia," Lydia warns her.

"Does it have any weaknesses? Is there a weapon that we can use?" Malia carried on, wanting to us.

"Guys," I spoke as I noticed silvery substance began leaking from his nose and the bullet wound on his forehead. Halwyn raises his fingers to his nose to touch the substance and pulled back to look at it.

"What did you do to me?" He asks his eyes flickering between us all. But Lydia was the one who began telling him what we did, what we had to do to him. I changed position's with Malia as I offered my help as I could slow down the poisoning with my magic. Giving us more time to talk to him.