Chapter Nine: Canaan

I had been doing locator spells left and right, using the keys that started up the Jeep, but I couldn't get anything

I had been doing locator spells left and right, using the keys that started up the Jeep, but I couldn't get anything. Nothing was working, the map set afire, I had no visions, the spells just didn't work. I didn't notice it was morning until it was too late, I didn't get chance to change but luckily the clothes were fresh. I sat in the library with Malia and Lydia, as Malia was on the job on finding Canaan and she had us information for us.

"You saw a carousel?" Malia asks Lydia as she had a dream that she was in Canaan and she just told us about it all.

"And a big sign that said 'Canaan'. And people disappearing in clouds of smoke," Lydia states to us as I stood in-between of them both.

"Do you ever have nice dreams?" I ask Lydia, cocking my gaze to her.

"We need to go to Canaan," Lydia states cocking her gaze between Malia and I. I see Malia close the laptop as she couldn't find anything useful on it.

"It will be helpful if we knew anything about the place. I keep calling the number for City Hall, and no one answers. The only map I can find it on is thirty-years old," Malia unfolds the map as I see a red circle outlining it. "So far, the only thing I know about Canaan is where it is," Malia points on the map.

"That's all we need to know," Lydia states strongly, before picking up the map and heading out. Another mission for the supernatural squad. Before I could walk, my phone beeps, alerting me to a message. I lift up my handbag and opened it reaching for my phone inside. I took it out and looked at the message, seeing it was Melissa and that she needed my help with Chris.

"Tell Scott, I'll meet you all in Canaan," I told Malia as she nods firmly at me before I rush around the table and to my car. My destination the Hospital...

................................

I came down to the bottom level of the Hospital as Melissa had tucked Chris away because if he went into surgery he wouldn't come back out alive. I push open the double door to see Melissa standing next to a bed, which held Chris, looking weak and on an IV.

"Alice, thank God," she states as I came over to them, standing at the end of the hospital bed. "He was hit with a Ghost Rider's whip, and his wounds aren't healing. There's also green foam coming out of his wounds," Melissa told me what was happening.

"A supernatural toxin, I can smell it," I told Melissa as I came to the right side of the bed, looking Chris over, who was weak. "I could try a healing spell," I gave out a suggestion as Melissa nodded her head to me. I grab Chris's hand which had the IV stuck in the back and held it tight. I began to concentrate on healing him, I started to mumble a spell under my breath. But I could feel that it wasn't working, the toxin in his system was too strong. But as the spell continued, Chris began to cough and I felt the toxin spread as I was effecting it. I stopped the spell and took my gaze to Melissa.

"Not good?" Melissa asks, by my worried expression.

"No," I place Chris's hand back onto his chest softly. "The spell was spreading the toxin some more. And I think giving him my blood wouldn't solve it either," I told Melissa the truth as I couldn't risk giving Chris my blood.