Chapter Twenty-Three: Faceless

I cross my arms over my chest as I stare at the boys in front of me. "I told you to call if it was an emergency," I told Liam as he was holding the slender amethyst crystal in his hand. We were in the boys locker-room, which was empty besides them.

"It is," Mason defeated him, as I turn my gaze to him. As I nodded as it was alright that he called me. "The whole lacrosse team is looking at him. They've blocked the exits. They're gonna try to make Liam shift in front of everyone," Mason explained the situation to me, which was a dire situation.

"And what would you like me to do?" I ask with both my eyebrows raised.

"Maybe like a spell to like teleport him out?" Corey remarks, making me shoot my gaze to him.

"I'm limited in this astral body," I told the boys as I unfolded my arms and let them dangle. "I could stick around for a bit, keep an eye on you," I took my gaze to Liam.

"Won't other people see you," he asks, wondering what the other students would think.

"Only you three can see and hear me," I said to them, as it was how the spell was designed. "Go about the school day, I'll keep close by," I offered them a smile as they nodded and walk out of the locker room, as I took a sigh. This was a busy day so far...

I left the locker room behind as I travelled around the school, keeping a distance from Liam and the others. But I see Mason alone, travelling around the hallway, but I could sense he wasn't alone. As he was pushing over students a bit away from him, meaning Corey was trying to sneak Liam out. I followed them to the main hallway, with the lockers to see Mason stop, before turning back around.

"Oh. Hey, Nolan," Mason states to the kid in front of him, as I eye him up, he had something in his pocket. But before I could stop him, he throws what seemed like white powder over Mason, making Liam and Corey visible for them to see. The one behind Liam was called Gabe, and he grabs hold of Liam's shoulders and threw him to the floor... But soon enough Gabe picks Liam up and drags him to the closest classroom, and flings him in. I rushed forward and pass through the wall to the classroom as my astral body allows me to be intangible. I come into the classroom just in time to see Liam peer up into the distance, keeping his gaze away from the students.

"Liam, keep calm don't let them get to you," I spoke to him as he was the only one that could hear me.

"Get up... Get up!" Nolan yells at Liam, as he uses his fists to push himself up. But Gabe uses his foot to push him back down, which made Liam more angry.

"What are you trying to hide, Liam? Your eyes? Huh?" Gabe spoke as he latches his hands onto Liam's shoulder and brings him up before slamming him into the chalk board. "Open your eyes," Gabe demanded, but I watched Liam as he was shaking from the anger, but he opens them, and they were normal... Nolan steps in and gives Liam a punch in the face, making blood come rushing from his nose... He's gonna die out there, or let slip...

"Hey, hey, let him go!" Mason came running in, but the Nolan and Gabe's gang kept him at bay, bot allowing him entry.

"Are you just going to let us do this to you?" Nolan spoke as Gabe strikes Liam in the face. This wasn't good. I rushed backwards and phasing through the students, but they didn't notice. I came out into the hallway, seeing it was empty, and alone.

"Pes labentis corporis," I spoke in a mere whisper, as I felt my body become visible to all those around. This was a big risk, but it was worth taking, for Liam. I stride back into the classroom, as I see hordes of students gathered around Liam.

"You know you can take us," Nolan states as I burst through the crowd. "All you have to do is change," Nolan continued. "And don't think this crystal will save you," Nolan grabs the crystal from Liam's shirt pocket and throws it to the ground. The crystal smashes, making me disperse at the back of the classroom, sending me back to my body...

Suddenly, I jolted awake, taking in all the oxygen I could get as I leaned up. I took in my surroundings which was the Sheriff's office. But my eyes widen as I rushed to the Sheriff's desk, grabbing a sticky note and a pen, before quickly writing a message on it. I crunch up the sticky note into a ball, and held it flat in my right palm.

"Touve mon se kavo," I chant as I stared at the ball. Just then it caught fire and began to turn into ash, as it vanished from my palm. I sent it the note to Corey to get one of the teachers to break it up, hopefully he got it.

"Alice?" The Sheriff asks making me spin around to see him in the door way before coming in and shutting the door. "Are you alright?" He asks as I gave him a nod of my head as he stood an inch in front of me.

"Where's Parrish?" I ask, as I notice he wasn't at his desk nor in here.

"Lydia phoned wanting you, but you were unconscious. So, Parrish went instead," he replies to me, making me sigh as this much magic was wearing me out, but I had to keep up because I can't let my friends down...

"Phesmatos lacus," I chant before the Sheriff could say anything. My eyes blurred once again as I teleported to the tunnels where Scott was. My eyes cleared as I was standing behind Lydia as I see her hair. "What's going on?" I asks making them all spin around to face me. But before they could speak, Parrish jumps down from above. His head titled up as he raors loudly, his eyes glowed their orange fiery colour. He stands grabbing the flare from the ground up as gun shoots rang out, making me come to the edge of the corner we were hiding behind. Just in time to see Parrish push the dude who was firing into the tunnel wall, knocking him out. But at the end of the tunnel, I see the humanoid body Parrish was talking about. Just as Parrish reaches the body, he grabs it by the throat and raises the flare to it's none face... Before yelling and plunging the flare into himself, setting him on fire. Scott grabs me by the hand and pulled me back to the corner, as an explosion rang out, and flames roared...

Within seconds, the flames were gone as we peered around the corner and down the tunnel. I see Parrish moving as I rushed down to him, and helped him to stand to his feet. My gaze on him as I offered a smile, because that was brave thing to do.

"You burnt the bracelet off," I state to him as I noticed it was no longer there, as he was bare everywhere besides his trousers. "I should have made it fire proof," I teased him as he smiles at me.

"They didn't come here to negotiate. You did everything you could," Malia's voice came into play as I cock my gaze up to see her talking to Scott.

"No, not everything. Not yet," he replied to her question, meaning the peace talks didn't go as planned. I have deep feeling like this isn't going to end good. For any of us...