Chapter Twenty-Seven: Bullets

Chris came up with a plan to communicate with Scott and Malia in the armoury, as we need to tell them that they can't trip the sensors

"Communications are shut down and the room is soundproof," Chris spoke as he was standing on a table, looking at some pipes above.

"We need to warn them," Lydia states, her gaze flicking up to Chris.

"We are," he replied. "One of these pipes leads in there," he states gaining an idea. He draws his gun and removes the clip, handing it to Lydia as he began to bang on the pip. Hoping it would alert them. 

"Anything?" Chris asks, as Lydia and my gaze were on the screen, but they didn't notice.

"Nothing," I replied to him, but he starts banging on the metal pipe once again, but he continued and soon enough, Scott and Malia began hearing something.

"I think he hears you," Lydia states full of glee, but Chris began to bang again, in an odd rhythm. "What are you doing?" Lydia asks wildly, turning to face Chris as I did the same. But we now see a hole in the pipe that he smashed in.  

"Don't trip the sensors," Chris yells through the pipe, his voice travelling along it and I think Scott heard him. I turn back to the screen to see Scott jumping over the sensors and onto a shelf, with Malia following suit. Chris jumps down and comes back to the console.

"If I can bypass the electrical system, I might be able to rest the console," Chris states to us, while messing with the cables in the console. 

"Might?" I ask as he didn't sound too sure about it.

"What the hell is she doing?" Lydia spoke, making me cock my gaze to the screen, to see Malia dangling on the roof, missing the sensors, and trying to reach something. Malia did the job of reaching her clawed hand out to hit the padlock on the window above, with a few swigs of her hand. She finally tore the padlock off, and it fell to the ground. They actually might get out, but my thoughts ran off as the console began to beep rapidly as the 'H-2100' was flashing. That wasn't good, suddenly my gaze went back to the screen to see Malia fall from the ceiling as a white smoke filled the air, meaning the halon was sucking all the oxygen out of the room. 

"How long do they have?" Lydia spoke as we were watching them slowly lose their breath. 

"Minutes," Chris replied, his voice low as this wasn't good. Just then, we see hunters wondering the hall, Chris changes the camera to 'H' which enlarged to show us them moving down the hallway. Six hunters came around the door to the armoury ready to go in and shoot to kill. 

"We have to do something," I spoke aloud as I didn't want Scott nor Malia to die. My gaze went to Chris, who was forming a plan is his head. Swiftly, he came from his seat, grabbing a shotgun and a smoke grenade. Making Lydia and I follow him out of the room, and down the hallway, before we came to the corner which led to the armoury. Chris pulls the pin out of the grenade, and throws it down the hallway, as it clatter along the floor. Alerting the hunters, but smoke began to leak out and fill the hallway, making the hunters cough.