Chapter Seventeen: The Dead Doesn't Stay Dead

Alice's whole body was pale, a very dark grey colour as life was drained out of her. Her veins dried up, and was visible. Her heart stopped beating as she laid on the ground, dead. Scott's tears fell as he clung tightly to his dear friend. Alice gave up her life to save the whole town from the Wild Hunt, and they won't know it, besides Scott and his friends. But Scott had hope that she wasn't dead, that she'll come back within a few hours, because that was like Alice to come back last minute...

"Scott," Malia's voice was soft as she came to stand next to Scott. "She's gone," she continued, as she places a hand on his shoulder.

"No, she'll come back. She always does," Scott was holding onto that hope. But no one wanted to speak, as they didn't want to destroy his hope. Scott quickly picks up Alice's limp body, and carried her bridal style, her arm dangled freely as he walks with her. Malia walks after him, as Scott was going to take Alice's body to the hospital, so she'll be comfortable when she wakes up...

Alice was laid in the morgue within the hospital. Everyone was gathered around her corpse - Lydia, Malia, Scott, Stiles, Melissa, Chris, Liam, Parrish. They all stared at her lifeless grey body, as it had been a few hours since she had died on them. It normally doesn't take her long to come back, but the gang knew there was no coming back for her. When Parrish first saw her laying on the metal table, unmoving and grey, his heart broke, tears threatened his eyes. But he wasn't the only one who was heart-broken.

"Scott, I don't think she's coming back," Lydia's voice came into the air, as she was heart broken like the rest of them.

"No, she has too," Scott states as he was still clinging onto the hope. Hope that she would return to the land of the living, but that wasn't the case.

"Scott. She's dead," Chris's voice filled the air, but Scott didn't want to believe it. None of them did, but it was the reality of it. Lydia comes forward as tears dropped down her face, and she places Alice's Grimoire on the table as there was enough space for the large book.

.....................

I open my eyes to find the sunlight blazing down upon me, I could feel the warmth of the sun soak into my pours. But as I shift my gaze around, I was at my house, my old one when I was human. I took my gaze down to my body to see I was wearing a tattered dress, which was worn back then. Was this it? Was this my peace? Could I finally rest?

"My sweet daughter," my mother's voice came into ear, making me cock my gaze up to see her standing in front of me, wearing a warm smile.

"Mother," I exclaimed with joy as I rushed forward and hugged her with a deep sense of love.

"My selfless, brave daughter," she coos into my ear as she pushes the hug deep as it meant so much to both of us. "You saved your friends and all of the town from the fate of the Wild Hunt," she pulls back as she stares at me with a bright smile.

"Does this mean I'm dead for good?" I ask her, but my voice was low as I didn't want to leave my friends behind, not like this. But it had to be done...

"No," my mother replied making me cock my gaze to her, as I wore a frown. "Death isn't going to take you today. Your time in Beacon Hills isn't over," she told me but I don't understand, there was so much dark magic in me, balance needed to be made.

"But Nature's will? The balance of life?" I rush out to my mother as she only gives me her motherly smile, meaning that everything was going to be all right.

"While you were saving your home. I made arrangements of my own to keep you safe," she replied giving me a comfort look, and a rub on my arm. "Just know, I'll always look after you," without warning my mother crushes me into another hug, but this one felt like it was going to be my last for a long time. "Live your life, love again. Be amazing," she went on but before I could speak, a blinding white-light engulfed us.

"I love you," I spoke because I knew that it will be the last time I could say it.

"And I love you," my mother's voice was now a whisper as her hold on me was also gone. But the blind light got brighter and brighter, until I was gone...

........................................

Lydia stumbles back as she was upset, but Stiles held onto her as she turns and began crying into his shirt. They all held tears in their eyes, as they were all putting on a brave face, but they couldn't. They've just lost their friend, and it was taking a toll on them all...

"Anyone want to say some words?" Melissa barely got the words out as she choked on them, finding it hard to speak right now.

"I'll go," Parrish states as he wanted to be the first one to say a few words. "When I started at the Police station, I saw Alice in a few times with Stiles and Scott. But when I found out what I was, she was there. She was there when I thought I burnt in the Police Car, she saved me... She sacrificed herself a lot of the time for us all, and we are so thankful for that. And I know if we were in danger again she would sacrifice herself for us because that's Alice," Parrish understood why Alice did what she did, they all did. To protect her friends, her family from death. But Parrish also saw the damage and heartache that Alice had buried in her. "Alice was a kind, selfless person, she cared so much for everyone and saw the good in all of us," Parrish spoke from the heart. "We all are alive because of her," Parrish finishes off as he looks down to Alice, offering her a smile.

"Anyone else?" Melissa asks, her gaze flickering around the room. But unknown to them all, Alice's skin began to get it's pigment back, the grey pale colour receding back down her face. Within moments, Alice jolts up right on the table, breathing all the oxygen she could get into her lungs as everyone shot back in shock. Within seconds, her colour came back to her and she began to breath heavily as she took her gaze around the room to see everyone staring at her...

"Still too poor for a coffin?" Alice jokes to them as she cracks a smile. Scott, Stiles, and Lydia, lung at her and began hugging the life out of her, as she lived for this moment. "You guys can't get rid of me that easily," Alice told them as they pulled back, as her eyes went over to Jordan. "And that speech was beautiful," she states to him as she heard the whole thing as she was coming back. Swiftly, he comes forward placing his lips on hers as Alice kissed him back. It was full of passion and love...

Everything felt right in their lives once again, but the fight wasn't over just yet...

.........................

A/N

Aw this was so cute, and so good. I hope you all enjoyed the first have of this book, and the next half will come shortly. I'm still undecided about the Endgame for the book. I'm still leaning over to Parrish, but I still have hope for Alice and Derek... I just don't know yet. But please, enjoy!

- Josh (Yoshi)