Chapter Twenty-One: Death Twice Took

I changed into something more comfortable to be running around the woods in

I changed into something more comfortable to be running around the woods in. But I got a message off of Scott telling me that they Lori knew where Brett was going, which was underground. I walk through the tunnel, trying to find Scott and the others, following their heartbeats and scent.

"Lori, no!" I hear Scott yell as his voice echoed through the corridor I was in. But I quickly pushed off from my legs and vamp-sped through the tunnel, locating Scott and the others in no time. As I came to a halt, Scott was against the metal tunnel wall, blood leaked from his stomach as a metal rod penetrated him.

"Oh God, Scott," I state worried as Liam, Malia and I all rushed to him pull the rod out of him. We all grabbed at the lengthy rod, and all pulled back slowly, as we didn't want to rip it out of him far too quickly. Within moments, we pulled the rod out of him, to see it was spiked at the end. Scott grunts as he falls down the wall and sits on the ground.

"They knew we were coming," Scott spoke through the pain.

"Don't talk, just heal, and let us figure this out," Malia spoke trying not to make him worry.

"They've been a step ahead of us the whole time," Scott said to us as he was already sweating.

"I'm sorry, but I can't wait around. We have to go," Lori states as she was worried about her brother.

"We still have the numbers four-to-two," Liam states his gaze going to Lori. "We're faster, and we're stronger,"

"They're smarter," Scott cut in taking his gaze to Liam.

"I don't care who's smarter or faster or whatever, my brother's going to die," Lori stresses the situation to us.

"Something's not right. The arrow, the trip wire, the poison... These aren't amateurs," Scott states weakly, Brett must have been poisoned, I thought something smelt funny when I came down.

"But they've never fought us before,"

"You haven't fought Hunters before Liam," I state connecting eye contact. "We need to stick together," if we split up, we were sure as going to die.

"I need to go,"

"No, you're not going alone. I-I'll go with you," Liam stutters out his gaze going to Lori as he didn't want her to go through these tunnels alone.

"Liam, you don't know who they are or what they're capable of," Scott told Liam in a weak tone of voice, as Malia kept pressure on his wound.

"Look, I know who we are. We never give up, especially when it's someone innocent, when it's someone alone, when it's one of our friends," that was kind of good on Liam's behalf.

"Ok, go, go. All of you, I'll catch up," Scott states to us, Lori and Liam run pass me, though I didn't want to leave him, I didn't want to leave Liam and Lori on there on. I rush down the corridor, and followed Liam and Lori...

I kept them in my sights as they ran off in front, but after we ran down the corridor, they stopped at an intersection, leading two ways.

"Which way?" I hear Liam state as I came to a halt to the side of him. "There's gotta be something. Did he leave anything for you to find, like, like a signal, or more rocks?" Liam asks Lori as she was taking her gaze around the tunnel.

"I don't see anything. I don't hear anything," Lori told us, but she was so worried about her brother.

"We'll find him," I told Lori. "But right now, I need to focus. Maybe I can find him through magic. I know a spell but it takes time to take effect," I told them as both of them nodded. I lean forward and plucked a strand of hair from Lori's head as she let out a little yelp. But I gave her a sorry gaze, as I took the strand and walked a bit down the tunnel as Liam and her began to speak. I closed my eyes and began to mumble a tracking spell, it would allow me to use Lori's hair to track Brett. If it's successful, I would be able to see a glow on the ground, leading us straight to Brett. Within moments, I sensed the spell working, making me snap open my eyes to see a glow on the ground, but it was faint meaning he was dying from the poison.

"Guys come on," I turn to meet their gazes as they just finished talking. "He's this way," I took the left tunnel as I rush down it, Liam and Lori hot on my tail. But the glow was fading and fast, I couldn't risk not getting to Brett in time. I went into vamp-speed mid-run and vamp-sped down the corridor, turned a corner to come to a long tunnel, until I came to an opening. I stopped as I heard a faint heartbeat, I cock my gaze to the right to see Brett leaning against the wall, his face dripped with blood - which was black due to the poison. "Brett!" I announce thrilled as I rushed over to him, crouching to his level. He was very weak, and looked dead...

"Alice?" He states as his eyes connected to mine, as I offered him a small smile.

"Yeah. I'm going to try to heal you. Stay still," I told him as he nodded weakly to me. I hovered my hands over his wound, as I began to mumble a healing spell. But as I chanted, it was harder to focus as all I could sense was poison, and it flowing through his body. Liam and Lori caught up as they began to talk, but I was blocking them out as I didn't need a distraction. Just then, my hands jolted back from his chest, meaning the healing didn't take. "The poison has spread throughout him and I can't heal him without my herbs," I spoke with a sadness in my tone as my gaze went to Lori and Liam.

"We're getting you out of here," Liam leans down and offered Brett his hand.

"You're a dumbass for doing this," Brett spoke as he was lifted to his feet.

"Oh, is that your way of thanking me?" Liam asks.

"No, that's my way of calling you a dumbass," Brett remarks. "But, thanks," he got all serious. I sensed something bad was going to happen behind us, making Liam and I cock our gazes behind. Just then, a burst of light came from down the tunnel and smoke filled it.

"They're coming," Lori states worried, as Brett was hurt badly.

"Go, we'll hold them off," I told Lori and Brett just as a warbling sound came to ear, making Liam place his hands over his ears as it was bad for werewolves, but for me, it was just an annoying sound.

"Go! Go!" Liam yells over to them as they both rush off in the other direction. Liam roars as loud as he could before darting into the smoke, making me go rushing after him. I entered the smoke and followed warbling sound to find a device stuck in the wall, flashing a blue colour as it emitted the high frequency.

"Motus," I spoke strongly, as the device came zooming out of the wall and into my hand as I pressed the top glass casing, to turn it off. "There's nobody here," I cock my gaze to Liam as we wore a confused look on our faces.

"Lori," he states in shock before running off in the other direction. But I look back to the the device in my hand, knowing that these were used by Hunters, especially Argent or no other than...

Gerard...

My eyes widened as he's behind this, he's been in this tunnel a hundred times over. Liam... Suddenly, I push off from my legs, going into vamp-speed as I raced down the tunnel following Liam's scent... I came to a halt as I hear a car crash into something and I see Liam on the steps to go up above. He roars as he jumps up and outside. I could hear two faint heartbeats become weak, and I knew it was Brett and Lori, I put hand over my mouth as tears swelled in my eyes. They didn't deserved this, but they're were dozens of heartbeats around them... Liam roars once again...

This wasn't good, but death took the siblings...