Chapter Thirty-Five: The Chosen

It's been a few days since the disbandment of the hunters and Monroe on the run since I threatened her by ripping her heart out. But things went back to normal in Beacon Hills, since the Anuk-ite was banished, everyone's fear in the supernatural changed. I did suggest to Scott and the rest a memory wipe spell, that would erase everyone's mind of what they had learnt about the supernatural. But Scott didn't want them to forget because they were on our side, they didn't fear us as they did when the Anuk-ite was around. Our life seemed to be on track...

I sat on the couch in my apartment, I called Derek over as we hadn't really talked since he had gotten back into town and now was the best time ever. Just then, there was a swift rough knock on the door, which lasted a moment. I vamp-sped from the couch and to the front door, and opened it. I see Derek in the door way, wearing his plain blue top, some tight black jeans, with a leather jacket.

"Come in," I spoke softly as I came a few inches from the door and Derek came into the room, closing the door behind him. My boots clicked against the wooden flooring as I was kind of nervous to see him again, after so long apart. "I need to get something off my chest," I state as I turn back to face him.

"I know what you're about to say. But let me go first," he cuts into the back end of my sentence as he steps forward taking my hands in his. "I want to say I'm sorry. Sorry for not calling you, for not getting in contact. After what happened at the loft, I thought being disconnected from you would help me move on. But it only made me think of you more and more," he states with a clear deep tone, making me offer him a smile. "I haven't stopped thinking about you since I left. And seeing you the other day brought back my feelings and the memories," his states as his words were truthful. His eyes gleamed with love, and happiness.

"Since the night we spent together and when I left, I felt like I made a mistake. The mistake of letting you go," I replied back to him as I squeezed his hands slightly. "But if I didn't. I would have never connect with Jordan or got to know him and fallen for him," as I told Derek the truth his face fell, like I had shattered his heart once again. "Derek I loved you, I thought I saw my future with you, but you left," I stress to him but my voice kept it's softness but his hands fell from mine as he wore a blank expression.

"You left Alice. You walked out of that door, you left me," Derek voice raised slightly at me, but I didn't blame him.

"I know and I've beaten myself up about it but I cannot change the past. But I still have feelings for you Derek, that won't change. But I also don't want to hurt Jordan because I have feelings for him too," I kept with my steady tone of voice. "I don't know what to do. I'm torn," I took a sigh as I haven't had this much stress and decision making for a few centuries. Before Derek could speak, the door to my apartment swings open, making us shoot our gazes to it. I see Parrish enter, him wearing his deputy uniform as his eyes landed on us both.

"What are you doing here?" Parrish asks, his gaze on Derek, his tone of voice defensive as he walks into the apartment and closes the door behind him.

"Alice asked me here," Derek replied quickly, his eyes darting into Parrish. "We're not finished, so go wait back outside," Derek snaps at him, making me raise an eyebrow, as Parrish didn't like the way he spoke to him.

"You're the dog, how about you," Parrish shot back taking a step forward coming inches in front of Derek, like he was sizing up to him. Derek was only a inch higher, but it looked like it was about to get out of hand.

"Make me," Derek spoke, before growling at Parrish.

"Enough both of you," I quickly came into the middle of them, my hand going either side, pushing them back on the broad chests. My gaze cocking between their eyes; Derek's eyes were glowing their blue colour as Parrish's a orange fiery ones. "No fighting under this roof, or at all," I demanded in a high tone, my gaze flickering between them both as they both stood down and their eyes dimmed until they were no longer glowing. "Jordan, can you wait outside for five?" I turn my body fully to face him, his eyes glanced down to me. He nods softly, before turning around and headed for the door.

"Good doggy," Derek's low deep voice rang out through my ears, meaning he spoke quietly. However, Parrish stops abruptly in his tracks as he turns slowly to look at Derek, his eyes glowing their fiery tint. 

"Derek, don't," I turn to Derek and warned him giving him a stern, meaningful look. But before I could do anything Parrish rushed passed me and gripped his hands on Derek's jacket and began to scrap, both of them fighting for dominance over the other. "Stop both of you," I raised my voice at them but they continued to scrap. Derek pushes Parrish off of him, and then throws a punch at Parrish, hitting him square in the jaw. Parrish stumbles back with the force of the punch, but quickly recovers before throwing his own punch and hitting Derek in the face. Seeing them fighting broke my heart, I never wanted this... Derek throws another punch but Parrish dodges it and came behind him and began straggling him. Some how, Derek broke free after a moment, and flung Parrish over his should and made him land hard on the ground. Derek took the opportunity to straddle Jordan and raised his fist, and was ready to punch him in the face. I shot my hand out to Derek as he tensed up and couldn't move his fisted hand to strike down.

"This is exactly what I didn't want," I state aloud, my eyes on Derek. "Derek, I love Jordan, he loves me and I'm so happy. I know you still have feelings for me, and I still have feelings for you. I can't deny that," I told the truth as I walk over to them, both of them still on the ground. "But I'm with Jordan, and I don't want to throw that away," I lowered my hand and the spell on Derek wore off, he became un-tensed and he could moved freely now. Derek didn't waste any time and lifted himself off of Jordan, but his eyes never left mine. 

"You really do love him," Derek spoke softly as he saw it in my eyes, my expression. I gave him a soft smile and a nod of my head, but behind his eyes his heart was breaking once again. 

"I do, Derek," I replied back to him as Parrish stood to his feet, watching the conversation play out. "But I can't bare the thought of you hating me because I still need you in my life Derek. Scott still needs you, we all do," he offers me a small thin smile, knowing that I was true.

"I could never hate you Alice, not in a million years," his voice soft and caring as he meant that, he truly meant it. "Goodbye Alice," he states softly before passing me and to the front door as my eyes lingered on him as he went. The door opens, and he exit, the door shuts behind him as I felt like shit... I took a shaky sigh but I know deep down that he will always be there for me, and he still loves me. I felt Parrish come up behind me, and wrap his arms around my shoulders, giving me comfort in this moment in time. 

Derek will always have my back, he'll have all of our backs, because in the end we're friends and we love one another...

..........................................

A/N

So I decided to go with Parrish in the end, because they have more chemistry and she's just fallen for him. Derek will still be a big part of her life because he still loves her, and will always. I don't know why but I love just how Alice and Parrish connect and their romance and ugh. I'm sorry if anyone was hoping for Alice to get with Derek. I'm so sorry, forgive me XD!

- Josh(Yoshi)