Chapter Twenty: Frozen Deputy

Lydia came to stand next to me, as she took her gaze up to the building as this brings back painful memories for her. For us all really...

"Lydia you don't have to come in with me," I told her taking my eyes to her as I know this would be hard.

"No, I'm fine," she states, but I was taking her word on it. I reach out and open the gates, letting Lydia go first and then I came in behind her. She stares up at the building once again, but the gate slams shut, connecting metal to metal, and I see her jump slightly. But we made our way up the stone steps and inside of the building. We both remember our way well...

In no time we got to the Close Unit, Lydia using her torch from her phone as light. We crept around the corner to see the gate to the Closed Unit opened, as we crept closer. Lydia pushes open the gate, as it squeaks. But we walked about a few inches in front and suddenly the gate closes on itself, but it slams and echoes through the hallway. Lydia shot around and looked at the closed gate.

"Lydia it's fine," I told her with a soft tone as she brought her gaze back to me, nodding her head. I went ahead steadily as Lydia lingered behind, hoping that I would find Parrish. "Jordan," I state aloud, my voice echoing the empty halls. Suddenly, I hear Lydia gasp and the sound of her heels running back down the hall and to the gate. Her heart beat was pumping ten-to-dozen, meaning she was scared, but it was more like terror... I vamp-sped to her and placed my hands on her arms to make her look at me. "Lydia it's alright. There's nothing to be afraid of. It's over, this place can't hurt you no more," I told her, but her heart beat was still racing, and she was still scared. "Papilio lux," I spoke as I let go of Lydia and made a butterfly gesture with my hands. A warm glow appeared from them as I raised them up. A butterfly sprung into action, emitting an orange but calming and warming glow. It flutters around Lydia, as her heart beat lowered. But she was staring off in the distance, as she was sensing something.

I reach out to touch her shoulder, and when I did. I hear Parrish's voice echo 'Wait!' and then a gunshot rang out in my head. I jolt back in fright, as he was going to get shot. My gaze went to Lydia as I held a scared expression...

"We need to find him now," I told Lydia with a determined tone, as I grab her and pushed off in my legs, going into vamp-speed as I ran down the hallway, following heart-beats into the distance. I came to a corridor, and halted as I hear voices.

"I can't be afraid anymore," Dr. Fenris states, as I rushed down the hallway just in time to see him hold the gun to Parrish's head, ready to shoot.

"Mittent," I spoke with such force while shooting my hand out to the Doctor. He went flying into the air, before he could get a shot off, and slams into the cell wall with such force. He comes crashing down to the floor, but my gaze went to Parrish to see he was basically frozen. His complexion drained and held a blue tint, his eyes sort of lifeless, frost in his hair, as he was hugging his body as he was shivering so badly. I rush forward as I crouch to Parrish's level, literally plunging him into a hug. "Thank God!" I state to him as I kept hugging the life out of him. "Next time you're having back up," I pulled back from the hug to stare him straight in the eyes. But all he could do was nod his head in agreement...

I was so glad he was safe and not dead...

.................................

Parrish filled Lydia and I in as we got him out of that place and into some warmth. Dr. Fernis had murdered all of the Supernatural creatures in the Closed Unit as he couldn't see it any other way. Lydia and I stood in Scott's kitchen, as he and Malia was there. We told them about what happened at Eichen and what happened there.

"He killed every supernatural in the Closed Unit? All of them?" Scott couldn't believe what we told him.

"He said he couldn't see it any other way," Lydia spoke up to answer Scott's question.