Chapter Thirty-Three: Eichen Break Out

I felt drained for most of the drive to the Vet Clinic as we needed to think of a plan and be safe from running in through the hunters. Once I got to the clinic, Derek hot gotten a blood bag from the freezer Deaton had. He stored a few for me, if I ever needed it. Good thing it was here... I finished draining the bag, and relished in the energy coming back to me. But not having all the power flowing through my veins, was a relief. I didn't have the weight of it crushing down on me, nor when I got angry I would do something I would regret...

"How are you feeling?" Lydia spoke coming up to the right of me, wrapping her hand around my shoulder, rubbing the fabric of my leather jacket, generating comforting for me.

"I feel fine," I replied back to her. "I thought there wasn't going to be any negative effects for me, but I guess I was wrong," my voice lowered as my eyes drifted from hers.

"You can't blame yourself," Lydia spoke gently as I nodded my head to her. But I felt someone's gaze on me, I twisted my head to the right to see Derek staring at me. I quickly avert my eyes from his, as I couldn't look at him right now. We needed a long talk after all of this...

"It was, literally day one at my internship, and up comes a slide about this guy that they've been chasing in the woods in North Carolina," Stiles began to tell his story on how he and Derek came here.

"I thought you were in South America," Malia spoke shooting her gaze to Derek.

"I was. The bodies of the werewolves I told you about? They blamed me," Derek explained the situation to us.

"So I learn that the FBI has cornered this feral mass-murdering unsub-"

"I found a group of hunters gathering in a meeting place. I was trying to get information," Derek cuts off Stiles to get to the point.

"Well, the FBI found out about it too and they were planning a SWAT assault to take him down. Dead or alive. And, as we all know, though, with Derek, it's preferably dead," Stiles remarks making story time a bit funny.

"Preferably," Derek agreed with Stiles.

"So I convinced them to take me on the Field Op," Stiles states to us his eyes flickering between us all.

"You convinced the FBI to bring an intern onto an extremely dangerous field operation?" Lydia states as she was surprise, heck we all were.

"I'm surprised he didn't convince them he could lead it," Derek remarks, taking his gaze to Stiles.

"I tried. Didn't work," he replies. "Anyway, long story short, I basically, you know, had to save his life," Stiles states before retelling the tale of how he saved Derek's life, which made me frown at him because that seems very unlikely.

"That's not how it happened," Derek responded after Stiles finished his backstory of the event.

"Yeah. I may have left out a detail, but that's the gist of what happened. It was the essential essence of it," Stiles states but we all held a disbelief look on our faces.

"You couldn't walk," Derek said to the right of me, his arms folded over his chest.

"I was limping,"

"You couldn't walk and I know that because I was carrying you," Derek states before retelling his part of the story, and I could literally hear Stiles scream and that was more of the believable story.

"They shot my toe. You want to see it?" Stiles rushes out, making me grin. "My toe was caught in the crossfire. It was obliterated," Stiles states in a stressful tone to make his point across.

"Forget your toe," I spoke up my gaze going to Stiles, but he looked saddened about his obliterated toe.

"Guys, it's not just the hunters. We've got another problem," Scott got into the serious side of this conversation.