Chapter Twenty-Eight: Nemeton Power

All I could remember was the bullet whistle through the air, and blood entering my nostrils before I blacked out. I've been dead before, but never like this, this felt weird...

My eyes flutter open slowly, the light from the sun hit my eyes, but it wasn't enough to blind the hell out of me. Within moments, my eyes fully opened, and I was met with the ceiling of my apartment. I carefully rose the top half of my body up, but as I did, a bullet rolled down my head and landed in my lap. I frown as I picked up the bullet that was dented and stained with blood. It was my blood, that was for sure, but I stared at it with confusion just for a moment before I connected the dots. I was shot in the head...

"Alice!" Parrish's deep voice carried through the air, making me cock my gaze to the left to see him entering the apartment. "You're alive!" He states with relief as he rushes over from the door to the bed, letting it slam behind him. Without warning, he crushes me into a warm embrace, as I wrapped my arms around him.

"Yeah," I replied my voice low as I was slightly out of it still. He pulls back from the brief hug, his hands latched on my shoulders as he stares worriedly into my eyes.

"Scott says once you got shot, you're body vanished from the floor," Parrish rushes out, his eyes wild with the thought of losing me. "We thought we lost you. I came straight here when he told me," I gave him a soft look as I offered a small smile.

"The spell I cast worked. If I died by any means, I would be teleported to my apartment," I state to Parrish, he arched an eyebrow at me, wondering why I would cast such a spell. "I was paranoid, ok," my gaze drifted from him, but his warm finger tips touched my chin, bringing my gaze back to face him. His expression was soft, but he leans in and kisses me swiftly. The kiss lingered for a moment, before he pulled back.

"I'm just glad you're safe," his rough deep voice enter my ears making me smile at his worry over me. "But there's something you need to know," his voice become serious as he lifted from the bed, making me come to stand to my feet as well.

"What is it?" I ask with a raised eyebrow, as this wasn't going to be good.

"It's Melissa, Lydia, Mason, Agent McCall-"

"Oh God," my expression twist in horror as I thought the worse.

"They're alive, but they were shot," Parrish quickly states, as I let out a relief breath but something inside of me bubbled with. It was anger. I was angry that they tried to kill my friends, tried to kill Melissa, she had no part in it. Neither did Scott's Dad. I crush my hand into fists, I felt the colour drain from them as I was squeezing too hard.

"There's no holding back," I spat through clenched teeth as I was visibly angry.

"Alice, your eyes," Parrish warns me, but my gaze drifted to the balcony as I saw my reflection in the glass. My eyes had shifted to their purple glowing tint as I was extremely angry.

"I'm going to the Nemeton," I spoke swiftly, as my eyes dimmed and I went towards the door, but as I got to the storage space door. I ripped it open to retrieve my Grimoire from the ground.

"Why the Nemeton?" Parrish asks, as I back out of the storage space and closed the door.

"The Nemeton has power, a power that I can tap in too," I state to him while going to the front door, and holding the handle.

"Wait," Parrish states, making me stop in my track and turn back to face him, holding my Grimoire to my chest. "What kind of power?" He asks.

"The supernatural kind," I remark to him, but he didn't look impressed with my answer. "Power that will help us win this. It gave Jennifer powers to defeat an Alpha, but imagine what power it would give me. I'm a Witch, the power is meant for our kind," I stress to Parrish, but every word I spoke made him unease with the idea.