Chapter Twenty-Two: Lunch Date

After what happened with Lori and Brett, I got back to the apartment pretty late. My mind racing, my heart broken at the loss of two people. They were still kids, they didn't deserve this life. Didn't deserve to be treated like animals, and hunted for sport. This what fear does to humans... They think because they can hurt and kill us because we're different to them and have powers. It makes us seem as Monsters, and they get a free pass to go crazy and kill us. But it doesn't work like that...

I slum on the couch, tears dropped from my eyes and roll down my cheeks. I just wanted to hug Parrish right now, I wanted to snuggle up into his arms and forget about everything, but I needed to take action, action to protect my friends. Suddenly, a large knock came to my front door, making me shoot my head up as the couch was in the sight of the door. I wondered who that would be. I rose from the couch and moved to the front door, I reached the handle in no time and slung it open to see Parrish standing there, still in his deputy uniform.

"Parrish?" I asks with a raised eyebrow. "What are you doing here?" I step aside and let him inside as I closed the door behind him.

"Just checking up on you. After what happened..." Parrish's voice drifted as it had been a few hours since Lori and Brett's death, cops were called and all that. But I gave him a soft look as tears began to swell in my eyes once again.

"You keep that bracelet on," I state to him as I grabbed his left hand to see the bracelet I gave him was still around his wrist. "I can't lose you," I sobbed out as tears ran down my face, as I crush him into a hug, my head resting on his muscular chest. I feel his large define arms wrap around me, hugging me tightly.

"I promise," he states as we stood there, hugging one another. But deep down I was hoping this was a dream, and I would wake up. That was a fat chance as well...

...........................................

Scott told me that he wants a peace talk with Gerard, but Chris wouldn't let him go because he might kill him. So Chris went instead. I wasn't there because I did my shift at the Hospital, Melissa offered me a ride to hers as I didn't want to be alone right now. Melissa and I sat at the island counter, sipping tea, the air was quite as I didn't know what to say.

"You and Parrish seem close," Melissa seems to pick out that random comment out of no where. I turned my gaze to her which was to the left as she was sat there.

"We're dating. Like boyfriend and girlfriend," I replied back to her, because why hide it. Her eyes widen in surprise, but in a good surprise.

"Wow. Does Scott and that know?" Melissa asks raising her cup to her lips, taking a sip. But my gaze drifted from hers as I pulled a sheepish expression. "They don't!" She exclaimed. "So, I'm the first person you told?" Melissa asks as I brought my gaze back round to hers.

"Yeah. I haven't dated in like two centuries. So, it's all new. But I know that I love him," I told Melissa the truth as I know that I do. Her eyes beamed up like I had just dropped a big fat secret about something.

"Did he say it back?" Melissa asks with anticipation.

"He said it first," I replied with a smirk tugging on my lips. Just then, a loud knocking came at the front door, Melissa smiles at me before she makes her way to the door. I hear her open the door, and let Chris in as I can smell him from here...

"Right now?" Melissa's voice echoed in my head as I must have missed something as I stood from the stool and came into the living room.

"Today. He needs to leave. Go to college, get out of Beacon Hills. They all need to go," Chris states, I guess the talk with Gerard didn't go well.