Chapter Twenty-Nine: Silver

I told Scott and the others on what happened at the Nemeton and the power that it granted me

I told Scott and the others on what happened at the Nemeton and the power that it granted me. But they still held their doubts about harnessing all that energy, that it would take it's toll on me. I dismissed their comments as I felt fine,and nothing bad happened. They also told me what happened in the woods, how Lydia found another faceless body. But in the back of my mind, I had that little voice, telling me that something was going to happen, something bad...

I stood in the morgue within the hospital, the smell of rotting bodies filled my nostrils, and a taste of bitter blood lingered in the air. In front of me, the body of the hellhound that was shot in the head, but he was in a body bag still covered. Just then, Malia unzips the bag, and pulls back the black cover to reveal the body. 

"Well, it's still here, still dead," Malia spoke his gaze on the body. "What else were we supposed to do?" Malia asks raising her gaze from the body.

"Figure out how a Hellhound led me into the woods to find another faceless body while being technically dead," Lydia replies to Malia and I, her eyes casting between us both, but they had a hint of wonder. 

"Technically," I state to her, because if he wasn't dead then his spirit would be in a state of limbo. 

"I don't think I would have been led out there if he was fully dead," Lydia took her gaze back to the body.

"I don't think we should be hanging out here waiting for him to spring back to life," Malia states her concern to us, but I doubt he was going to spring back to the land of the living.

"We don't have to wait if we can figure out how he was able to reach me," Lydia was now staring at Malia as my gaze was on the body, my hand crossed over my chest.

"How do we do that?" Malia spoke, but I felt them shift their heads to me, making me look up to see them staring. 

"Me?" I ask with a raised eyebrow. "What do you want me to do bring him back to life?" I went on as they raised their own eyebrows. "You know I can't do that. And I hardly know anything about this Hellhound," my gaze flickered between both of them.

"You're sleeping with one," Malia shot to me, making me smirk at her wording, as she was right. 

"Doesn't mean I know everything, but I could try using Lydia as the anchor to breach his mind. Allowing her to ask him," I state to the them both, as they seemed pleased with my plan. I didn't let them speak as I turned around and grabbed the metal table in the morgue and pulled it closed to the open draw. "Lay down and concentrate," I told Lydia as she did what I said. She jumps up onto the metal table, and laid down. Her head at the top of the table, inches away from the Hellhound's head. I came to stand on the outskirt of the tables, as I took a deep breath and focused on connecting them both. I placed my index & middle finger onto Halwyn's forehead as I did the same to Lydia with my other hand. There was something wrong, Halwyn's mind was blank, like it was just a pit of darkness, but this felt different from a dead mind. It was like it was protected, protected from my magic.