3. Catch and Release

Steven is prepping himself for bed by brushing his teeth, cleaning his face and swabbing his ear. He then sits on the toilet, lifts up his pajamas shirt and wipes his gem. The clean gem reflects his face on it, and he gives himself a thumbs-up. 

"Goodnight Y/n." Steven says to Y/n who has taken up residence in the bathroom for the time being.

"Goodnight Steven." Y/n replies. 

Steven then leaves the bathroom and climbs the stairs to his room before he gets in his bed.

 "Goodnight, Happy Bear. Goodnight, Sad Bunny. Goodnight, Playful Kitty. Goodnight, Ominous Triangle at the foot of my bed." Steven says as closes his eyes to sleep. He then opens his eyes again, and the Ominous Triangle has disappeared.

"Ugh, whatever." Steven says before he closes his eyes and smiles. Suddenly a hand then closes over Steven's mouth, causing him to scream-muffled and struggle.

Y/n hears the warp pad activating from the bathroom and he wonders who would have used it. 

He leaves the bathroom only to see Steven's bed covers on the main room floor but Steven himself was missing. 

 "Well that is not a good sign at all." Y/n says to himself.

"Pearl! Garnet! Amethyst!" Y/n calls out.

It doesn't take long as all 3 called gems emerge from their rooms.

"What man I was trying to take a nap." Amethyst yawns.

"Amethyst how many times must I tell you we don't need sleep..." Pearl sighs. 

"I know. Just feels good." Amethyst says back with a shrug.   

"Are you finished?" Y/n asks the two and they look at him. 

Y/n picks up Steven's bed covers and shows them to the Gems.

"I heard the Warp pad activate and this discarded on the floor. It would seem Steven is in trouble." Y/n says.

"Steven in trouble!?" Pearl gasps. 

Y/n can see Garnet with a concerned look on her usually calm face.

"It's Peridot! She's taken him to the Galaxy warp we have to hurry!" Garnet suddenly says. The Gems all hurry on to the Warp Pad and warp. 

"Guess I'll hold down the temple." Y/n says to himself folding Steven's bed covers and placing them back on Steven's bed before heading back to the bathroom. 

Peridot warps into the Galaxy Warp, carrying a struggling Steven.

"Aargh, let me go!"  Steven screams.

"Enough of this!" Peridot says then sighs

Peridot holds Steven with her tractor beam and hovers him over the Gem Homeworld Warp Pad.

"What do you want from me?" Steven asks.

Peridot begins walking towards Homeworld Warp Pad. "I want, to get off this lousy gem forsaken planet!!"

 "Huh?" Steven says confused.

Peridot disables her tractor beam and Steven falls to the ground. She then shapes her fingers into arrows and points them at the warp pad she and Steven are stepping on. "You have to fix this!"