17. Too Short To Ride

So work has begun on a movie chapter and the Future series :) 

Y/n and Peridot are visiting the temple sat on Steven's couch. Steven had said he had a gift for Peridot and rushed away to grab it. Y/n and Peridot look at each other and shrug both being used to Steven now.  Steven returns and  holds out a rectangular-shaped gift, wrapped in light green paper, to Peridot.

"Special delivery!" Steven cries out.

"Oh. Wow. Thanks." Peridot says happily and she rips open the gift. "It's a... a rectangle."

Y/n picks up the ribbon from the gift wrapping placing it on Peridot's hair. He chuckles amused with himself.

"And a tablet!" Steven says and he takes the tablet and turns it on. "My dad bought it, but he decided he didn't need it. He said something about over-saturation of media being a plague to one's mind, so I thought you might like it. Here." Steven explains.

Steven starts demonstrating how to use the tablet, and Peridot is awe-struck. Y/n also looks at it with interest too.

" You can use your fingers to work it." Steven shows the two.

"Like my old finger screens!" Peridot cries

Peridot scrolls through the screens of apps on the tablet.

"But now you have the Whole Worldwide Web to hang out on." Steven says.

"Worldwide? Ha! I had the ability to search and retrieve data from across multiple star systems." Peridot gloats.

Y/n looks at Steven seeing if he can top that. 

"Hmm, impressive. But I can do you one better. TubeTube." Steven says.

Steven taps the TubeTube icon and it opens up to a cat video. Peridot and Y/n watch it in perplexity.

"This is strange...but somehow I can't draw my eyes away from it." Y/n says his eyes glued to the screen.

"Why was this documented?" Peridot asks.

"You can log your thoughts on the internet, too. You just have to keep it under 140 characters."

Peridot looks in awe again. "That's so many people!"

Y/n continues watching the cat video, emitting clattering sounds and cat yowls.

"I can make you both an account so you can start logging as soon as you want." Steven says. 

"I'll leave the logging to Peridot she's far better at it than I." Y/n says.

Peridot chuckles in anticipation as Steven sets up a social media account for her.

"I really, really like this, but it's a shame it doesn't come attached to your body." She gasps. "Oh wait!"

Peridot runs to the Steven's storage cabinet inside the steps and begins rummaging through it."

"Tell me Steven this TubeTube is it just strange videos of these smaller lions?" Y/n asks. 

"Huh oh no it's filled with millions of videos from around the world all different. Look they even have clips from that Dragon Ball show you started watching." Steven explains and points out. 

Y/n's eyes light up. "I suddenly want my own tablet..." Y/n says. 

Steven chuckles. "I'll ask my dad about getting another one. Peridot I'm gonna leave the profile stuff blank for you to fill in later. There."Steven says.