36. Room For Ruby

Steven and Garnet are star-gazing on the porch, when a shooting star passes by.

"Ooh! There's one! Garnet, you gotta make a wish!" Steven says.

"All right." Garnet says smiling.

"Close your eyes!" Steven cries.

Garnet seemingly closes her eyes under her visor.

"All of them." Steven says crossing his arms.

"Ok, ok." Garnet chuckles.

"Now make your wish. But don't tell me what it is." Steven says and pauses for a bit, and whispers. "Garnet, what did you wish for?" He asks.

"I wished... for another shooting star so that you could make a wish." Garnet says.

Steven blushes. "Oh my gosh." Steven gasps as he spots a red shooting star in the sky. "Garnet! It worked!"

Distant screaming is then heard as the "star" nears.

"Is that star... screaming?" Steven asks confused

The screaming "star" crashes onto the beach in front of the beach house.

" What is that?!" Steven asks worried and he and Garnet quickly run down to the beach, and see a Ruby lying in a crater.

"It's Navy!" Steven says shocked.

"That's... a Ruby." Garnet says.

"Don't you remember? I gave them all names. This one's Navy, 'cause her gem is on her navel." Steven say.

"Oh. I finally get it." Garnet says.

Navy climbs out of the crater and jumps towards Steven, who quickly summons his bubble shield.

 "Oh please! Oh please! Don't make me go back to Homeworld! Oh, I wanna stay here with you." Navy begins to plead.

"This... is a surprise." Garnet says.

Steven pops his bubble. "You... wanna live on Earth?" He asks.

"Yeah. All the other Rubies are mean to me. I just want to be somewhere where I can be myself." Navy says.

"You're not mad at us from before?"Steven asks.

"What do you mean?" Navy asks.

" You know, about tricking you into playing baseball?" Steven says.

"That was fun!" Navy smiles.

"Or, when Amethyst pretended to be Jasper?" Steven asks.

"I've got to admit, that was pretty clever." Navy says.

"Or when we blasted you all out into space and stole your ship so you'd be stranded forever?" Steven says nervously.

"Well, we were fighting so it's understandable." Navy says.

"I don't know about this. She tried to stab you in space." Garnet says skeptically.  

"That was Eyeball. This is Navy. She... always seemed really nice, actually." Steven says.

"Hey thanks!" Navy says thankful.

"And you know, a Ruby falling from the sky, discovering this beautiful world. Sounds a lot like a story you told me once." Steven says to Garent