42. Raising The Barn

How I like to imagine everyone when it comes to their Y/n x ? ships xD

Steven is seen looking in despair at a photo of Connie on the shelf in his room. He slumps against the wall and lies onto his bed, sighing in remorse.

"She'll call when she's ready. For now, you just have to let go." Steven says to himself.

Steven lifts himself up and keeps his phone. He then hops off his bed and glances at his ukulele by his bed.

Steven makes his way to the beach, dragging his ukulele across the sand. He approaches the hand statue sticking out in the sand and sits in the shade under it. He then look up into the sky and start strumming his ukulele.

Steven sighs deeply.  ♪ I wish I could tell you that I-

Steven's phone suddenly starts buzzing, interrupting his song, and Steven, startled, screams as he fumbles to take his phone out of his pocket.

"Okay, Universe. This is it! Connie's finally ready to talk. No expectations. Just let her say what she needs to say!"

Steven looks down at his phone, only to realize that it is actually Peridot who is video-calling him. Steven sighs in dismay and answers her call.

"Steven!"  Peridot chuckles. "It's us!"

Lapis and Y/n come into frame now.

"Oh, hi, Peridot. Hi Y/n. Hi, Lapis." Steven says.

"Don't forget Pumpkin!" Peridot says.

Peridot holds up Pumpkin and she barks excitedly.

Steven chuckles. "Hi, Pumpkin!"

Peridot turns to Lapis. "I told you he'd answer."

"It's so good to see you. I'm glad you're okay." Lapis says.

"Lapis was worried you lost your phone on Homeworld, but I said, "No way! He's probably just ignoring us." Peridot says.

Steven blushes. "Sorry, guys. There's been... a lot going on."

"Like what? Tell us!" Peridot says excitedly.

"Well, Connie's really mad at me-" Steven starts.

"No, no, no, no. Tell us about space!" Peridot says.

"And start from the beginning." Lapis adds.

"Uhh, ok. I was trying to protect Beach City, so I surrendered myself to Homeworld, and I was put in a big, empty room, and I ended up on trial in front of the Diamonds!" Steven says.

"On trial?!" Lapis shouts worried.

"What?"Peridot asks.

"In front of the Diamonds?!" Lapis interrupts her.