22. Bismuth

We received our first piece of fan art for the Story :) Once again I would like to encourage you all to draw something for the story and send it in :) It doesn't matter if you are a beginner or an expert I'm just happy to see artwork inspired by my story :D 

Steven is playing a difficult video game on his TV while the Gems cheer him on.

"Oh my goodness!" Pearl says.

"Go for it, bro!" Amethyst cries.

"This is your last chance." Garnet advises Steven.

"You've got this Steven." Y/n cheers him on.

Steven is sweating. "No... No...! Jump... Jump...!"

Steven's character dies in-game.

" Aww!..." Steven, Amethyst, and Pearl sigh.

"A valiant attempt." Y/n comments.

"Dying a bunch in video games is emotionally exhausting. Huh?" Steven says 

The Crystal Gems turn and look towards Lion, who is playing and chewing one of Steven's shirts.

"Lion!" Steven runs down and tries to pull the shirt away from Lion's mouth.

"Drop it!"

Steven successfully pulls the shirt from Lion and falls backwards on the ground.

"Lion, you can't chew this up." Steven looks at his shirt, reading. Thunder Bird - Always Remember. "How else am I going to remember the time I rode the Thunder Bird at Funland?"

Steven puts the shirt on his dresser, next to his Thunder Bird badge and Thunder Bird photo frame.

Steven walks back to his game console. "Okay, I'm sure this time..."

Steven turns and sees Lion, who has climbed onto the dresser and grabbed Steven's shirt again.

"Lion! Don't even think about it!" Steven warns his Lion.

Lion attempts to head for the door, but Steven jumps in to block his path. He then grabs the shirt and pulls it away from Lion again.

"Since you can't play nice, I'm gonna have to put this where you can't get it." Steven says teasingly. "In ya mane!"

Lion grumbles and begrudgingly lays down.

"Thank you, boo." Steven then dives into Lion's mane.

"I don't think I'll ever get used to that..." Y/n says and Pearl nods in agreement.

Steven pops up from the pink grass savannah and walks towards the lone small island, holding Rose's possessions and a few of his own belongings. He then climbs onto the tree on the island and hangs his shirt on one of the branches.

"There we go. Now it'll be safe forever, hanging in this perfectly stable magic tree." Steven thinks to himself.

Suddenly, the tree branch Steven snaps apart, causing him to fall onto a bubbled gem inside the dimension. He then accidentally pops the bubble, freeing the gemstone inside. Steven screams with his mouth closed as he is bounced away from the island.

Amethyst is seen playing the video game as Y/n, Garnet and Pearl cheer her on. Lion is also seen chewing on another one of Steven's shirts.

"Jump! Jump!" Garnet shouts.

I am jumping!" Amethyst cries.

Steven propels out from Lion's mane and lands on his back. The Gems turn to look at him.