5. Back To The Barn

Peridot is about to give a presentation to the Gems.

"Ahem, ahem. As it seems I have no other options, I have conceded to reveal some important information to you Crystal Gems." Peirdot starts.

Peridot snaps her fingers, cuing Y/n to help Steven to shuffle in, wearing a box with a crudely drawn picture of Earth on it. Peridot, using a flyswatter as a pointer, smacks the box. "This-!"

Steven teeters in surprise. " Woah!" He cries.

"... Is the Earth. At the very center of the planet's core lies... The Cluster! Rotate." Peridot begins to explain.

Steven complies, and Y/n helps him turning the box to show a representation of the Earth's core and the Cluster inside. Peridot points at the illustration.

"This is the Cluster. A massive, artificial fusion composed of millions of Gem Shards. It has laid dormant for thousands of years within this planet's crust. When this Gem activates and takes its form, the result will be catastrophic. Now!" Peridot hits the box again.

Steven turns back to the Earth picture and bobs up and down, making escalating noises. A green snake-like puppet then bursts through the box, and all the Gems except Y/n gasp. "BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" Steven cries.

"What is that!?" Peridot asks.

Steven begins to speak with the puppet hand. "It's the Cluster."

Peridot swats the puppet with the flyswatter. "It does not look like that. But it is real, and it can activate at any moment!"

"Bwaaaah." Steven says in a hushed tone

 "What a cluster." Amethyst says sarcastically

"That abomination must be stopped." Garnet states.

"But how? We'll need to build some sort of machine to take us to the center of the Earth, it'll have to-" Pearl begins to think.

Peridot suddenly swats at Pearl and interrupts her. "Hey! I wasn't finished speaking! What we need is to build some sort of machine to take us to the center of the Earth."

Pearl starts glaring at Peridot in annoyance. Amethyst looks at Pearl and smiles sarcastically. Pearl then glares at Amethyst, causing her to stop.

"It'll need to withstand up to 360 gigapascals of pressure and temperatures of 9800 degrees." Peridot states.

"Well, we mustn't waste time. We need to start finding parts for this machine immediately." Pearl says.

"Yes. Obviously. We'll start by dismantling all devices inside this dwelling." Peridot announces.

"Wha?" Steven says confused as Peridot runs to the kitchen and grabs the microwave.

"This primitive radiation concentrator should come in handy!" Peridot tries to tears the microwave off the cupboard but Y/n has to help her. She then grabs a corded phone from the living room.

"This primitive vibration transmitter could possibly serve a function!" Peridot smashes the dials on the table, splitting it in half. Y/n then walks up to Steven's room and lifts up the television.

"Oh clever thinking The Y/n! There's a remote chance something useful could be inside this primitive image cube!" Y/n drops the the TV on the floor causing it to smash. "Wait!" Steven shouts as he runs up to Peridot. "I have a better idea that doesn't involve destroying the house!"