20. Gem Hunt

In other news we just hit 1K in Stars/votes :D Thanks everyone and enjoy the chapter! This one is longer one than normal

Steven is sat on his bedroom floor  calling Peridot through "Videophone" on a laptop. After a few rings Peridot answers. 

" Hello?" She can heard saying on Steven's end.

"Hi, Peridot!" Steven says and waves at the camera.

"Steven, can you hear me?" Peridot asks and she get's Y/n who was sat by attention. 

"I-I can hear y-" Steven replies. 

"CAN YOU HEAR ME?!" Peridot shouts. 

"I can hear y-" Steven tries to say.

"Peridot I think you need to adjust the volume on our end." Y/n can be heard saying and is seen crouching down beside Peridot now. Peridot fiddles with her tablet to increase the volume, while she grumbles loudly in frustration.

" How do I work this stupid thing? Ahh! Steven?" She grumbles.

"Hi, Peridot!" Steven says.

"Steven!" Peridot laughs. "Behold my resourceful genius! I figured out how to get Wi-Fi in the barn."

Peridot shows Steven an active lawnmower outside the barn, remodeled into a modem.

"The connection is fast enough to stream "Camp Pining Hearts" and Y/n's "Dragon Ball"  in all 1,080 p's! It took me a while, but let me tell you how I did it. So, I had to go through-"

Peridot's transmission begins glitching out.

"Peridot?" Steven asks.

"So, there I was, face to face with one of those big-" The transmission continues to glitch, as the signal gets interrupted with squealing noises.

"Peridot, you're breaking up." Steven says. 

"...running for my life with nothing but a-" The transmission glitches again.

"And then it bit me!-" The transmission glitches once more.

"And now the Wi-Fi works perfectly. What did you do today?" Peridot finishes her story.

Steven decides not ask for a repeat. "I learned how to do this."

Steven does the rubber pencil trick for Peridot to see.

"Whaaaat!? Y/n are you seeing this!?" Y/n can be seen nodding his head. "Lapis, get over here."

Lapis is revealed to have been sitting in a hammock behind Y/n and Peridot. She gets out of her hammock and bends down to look at the tablet. "Is that... Steven?" She asks looking uneasy.