38. I Am My Mom

After Steven finally regained consciousness, he quickly rushed home telling the other Gems about the crisis.

"This is an emergency!" Steven cries.

"Why is Homeworld stealing humans from the boardwalk?" Pearl asks.

"I don't know, but they're only taking my friends! They even got Connie! If we don't do something, they're going to take them into space!" Steven shouts worried at the idea.

"And our spaceship got jacked, so if they leave Earth..." Amethyst starts. 

"They'll be gone for good." Garnet finishes.  

"Ugh! Who were these guys?" Amethyst groans.

"That little Gem I saw before, her name's Aquamarine."  Steven says.

"What?!" Pearl calls out shocked.

"She's got a big friend- a fusion, named... Topaz." Steven says.

"A Topaz fusion... And an Aquamarine?" Pearl says worried now.

"Are they a big deal?" Amethyst asks.

"Uhh, yes! Blue and Yellow Diamond must have sent them personally." Pearl explains.

"The Diamonds? Oh no! They must be collecting more humans for the zoo!" Steven says.

"But there's loads of humans on Earth. Why are they only grabbing your friends?" Amethyst asks confused. 

 "Maybe... Because my friends are the best!" Steven suggests.

The Gems look away in uneasy, when Steven's phone starts buzzing and he takes it out and looks at it before he gasps. "It's from Connie! I know where they are!" Steven announces.

"We should get Y/n." Pearl says.

"There's no time!" Steven cries.

A photo is sent to Steven's phone, revealing the entrance of Funland, and the Crystal Gems head there immediately.

"Stay alert. They could be anywhere." Garnet says.

"Did Connie send you any more pictures?" Amethyst asks Steven.

"No, nothing." Steven says despairingly.

"We know they're here somewhere." Pearl says looking around.

The Gems run on ahead, leaving Steven behind, as he begins whisper-yelling for his friends.

"Connie? Lars? Sadie? Onion? Steven sighs. "Why them?"

Steven tries calling Connie's cellphone, and it can be  heard in the distance. Steven runs towards the source of the music and finds Connie's phone on the ground. The Crystal Gems also come walking in too, after hearing the music.

Pearl gasps. "W-Was that Connie's pho-"

Heavy footsteps are then heard from behind Steven. He peeks behind from the corner of his eyes and spots Topaz peeking out from behind the merry-go-round.

Aquamarine pops out. "Oh, no!" ♪ You found us. ♪ She sings mockingly. 

Onion and Sadie peeks out too, mumbling frantically.

Jamie pops out. "Help!"

"Give it up, Aquamarine! There's nowhere to run!" Steven shouts to Aquamarine and Topaz.