21. Seeking The Truth

We just hit 20k in views now :) I hope you like this chapter as its one of my own away from the main show and its a little longer so I hope its good enough. 

When Y/n returns to the barn he can see Lapis and Peridot moving objects around the barn.

"What are you two doing?" He asks them. 

"Ah Y/n has returned!" Peridot says happily noticing Y/n now.

"Hi Y/n." Lapis says putting down an empty toilet by another few toilets all stacked.

"What is all this for?" Y/n asks looking around at the odd items all over the barn.

"We're making Morps!" Peridot calls out. 

"Morps?" Y/n asks still confused 

"I came up the name. It's supposed to be Meep Morp." Lapis says standing beside Y/n now.

Peridot finishes placing her old broken tape recorder on a table with a ribbon on top of it.

"The concept is that of music but in a psychical form!" Peridot explains to Y/n who looks around at the different "Morps" around the barn.

"Well they certainly are interesting." Y/n comments.

"Yes! See Lapis I knew Y/n would understand!" Peridot says proudly. 

Lapis doesn't reply as she watches Y/n slowly sit down on the barn couch. 

"Y/n are you alright?" Lapis asks and Peridot notices now too. 

"Why don't we watch Camp Pining Hearts?" Y/n suggests and changes the subject. 

"Sure which season?" Peridot quickly asks happily.

"Shall we start from season one?" Y/n suggests and Peridot rushes to set up the Tv in the truck. The three had decided to leave it there since the last time.

"Y/n..." Lapis says trying to get his attention. 

"Come on Lapis, Peridot is waiting for us." Y/n says extending his hand. Lapis sighs and takes Y/n hand but she she remains determined to make sure he is okay.

Y/n and Lapis make their way together to the truck in the barn ceiling. Peridot can be seen sat in her usual spot ready to start. Y/n let's go of Lapis's hand and set himself down beside Peridot. Lapis sets herself down on the other side of Y/n. 

"Y/n. I know things haven't been easy since we went out on the boat with Steven and ran into ...Jasper but..." Lapis starts.

"Oh my stars! You two ran into Jasper?!" Peridot quickly bursts out worried now looking at Lapis. 

"Well yes, But I sent her flying..." Lapis tries to explain.

"I saw her again today." Y/n says.  Both Lapis and Peridot look surprised at Y/n.

"I was helping Pearl with a mission and we came across Jasper. She disappeared before either of us could do anything." Y/n says his eyes on the tv.

"Did you...try to..." Lapis tries to find a sensitive way to ask Y/n.

"Not this time." Y/n replies.

"What are you two talking about?" Peridot asks getting frustrated about being confused and feeling left out. 

"When we encountered Jasper the first time she seemed to recognise me. She told me something that infuriated me and I tired to shatter her." Y/n explains and Peridot looks down at the trunk floor.  "Oh." She says. "What did she tell you?" Peridot asks unsure if she should.