63. Snow Day

The discord server has proved to be very popular! Lovely talking to all that have joined so far :) 

Steven wakes up in his bed as his phone alarm rings and he reaches to to shut it off. "All right, Little Homeschool. What's on the docket for today?" He says as he scrolls through a busy schedule. Steven stretches and gets out of bed. "You can do it!" He lets out a sighs.

Steven starts pouring water into a bottle, but Amethyst comes in with fried eggs for eyes.

"You really gonna skip the most egg-ssential meal of the day?" Amethyst jokes.  

"Of course not. I've got all my morning nutrients in this protein shake." Steven says holding up the bottle.

Amethyst  pokes the yolk  in one for the eggs to leak rather like a tear would. "Dude, you're making me sad."

"Steven. I packed everything you're gonna need for today in your cheeseburger backpack." Garnet says holding up Steven's old cheeseburger backpack.

"Uh, I don't really use that anymore. Besides, I packed my own bag." Steven says indicating to the bag on his shoulders. 

"At least pet this cat." Garnet says and Cat Steven appears from inside the bag and meows.

"Why was I going to need..." Steven sighs. "Never mind. Got to go."

"Hold it. According to my weather application, it's going to snow all day and overnight. You're going to freeze if you don't put on a puffer, a hat, and two scarves. Better make it three." Pearl says as she starts putting several scarfs on Steven. "Oh and don't forget Y/n is taking time out of his busy schedule to spend time with us." Pearl says happily. 

"Pearl, I need to get going! And I know Y/n is coming by... you've told us all several times..." Steven says.

"But classes don't start for another couple of hours." Pearl says.

"Wait for us. We can head over together." Garnet joins in.

"Why are you taking the old Dondai anyway? We have the warp technology." Amethyst asks as she slurps eggs off her face.

"It's because I've got errands to run in town before classes start." Steven says. 

"Of course. Go get 'em, champ." Garnet says and she places a hand on Steven.

"Yeah!" Pearl and Amethyst say as they place a hand on Steven as well. "Go get 'em!"

It's late when Steven finally returns home and the snow has picked up. The temple looks dark with no lights on as Steven walks up the stairs and opens the door. As soon as he turns the lights on he hears voices from inside.

"Surprise!" Pearl, Garnet and Amethyst say as they all hold up things ranging from board games to pupcopter on vhs.  

"We were sitting in the dark." Y/n says showing indicating presence. He had arrived earlier in the day while Steven was out running errands.  

"Hey, guys." Steven says not really phased. 

"Guess what we've got lined up tonight. "Pupcopter's Sky-High Adventure"!" Amethyst says as he holds up the film. 

"Sheet masks with cute animal faces!" Pearl says showings she's wearing one on her face. 

"And, most importantly, pizza." Garnet says holding a pepperoni pizza.