37. Are You My Dad?

I just want to say a thank you to everyone for your continued support. Without you guys this story would be nothing :)

Steven is running towards his mailbox on the beach, while the Crystal Gems are seen playing in the sand.

"♪ Hey Mister Postman, bring me a post! Bring me the post that I love the most. ♪ Steven sings.

Steven opens his mailbox, finding nothing inside.

"Dagnabbit!" Steven says disappointed.

"Yo. No package yet?" Amethyst asks as she approaches Steven, dragging along a cooler filled with cans.

"No package, yet. I definitely ordered a pair of khakis from "The Distinguished Boy". They should have arrived by now. I'm a distinguished boy, Amethyst. Don't I deserve some distinguished khakis?" Steven says.

"Aw, want one of these instead?" Amethyst asks and she offers a can to Steven.

"No, thanks. " Steven says and he turns his head and looks at the cliff corner. "Any second now."

Steven jumps around the corner of the cliff and strikes a pose.

"Hey Mister Postman, bring me a post!" Steven says but there is still no one in sight.

"Consarn it!" Steven says and walks back, disappointed. "Still no Jamie, I don't understand. He's usually so punctual." Steven sighs and groans.

Amethyst sips from a can, when she notices a disappointed Steven.

"Bring me a post..." Steven sighs.

"Hey, you shouldn't have to waste your whole day for some thing in the mail." Amethyst says and she holds out a can, revealing to be canned beans. "Take some of these magic beans to town and trade it for a donut." She says.

"You've been drinking... Beans?" Steven asks.

"They're good for the heart." Amethyst shrugs. 

"Unfortunately, I know from experience that the Big Donut does not accept beans as currency. But, you'd still wait for Jamie while I got us some donuts?" Steven asks.

"Sure. Why not?" Amethyst opens the canned beans. "We'll hold down the fort while you're gone."

"Amethyst! Steven! Look! We're building a tiny house, for crabs!"

"Welcome to your new home." Y/n says.

Pearl reveals a big sandcastle that She, Y/n and Garnet have built and Garnet places two blue crabs on the sandcastle.

"Oh, they like it." Y/n says watching the crabs.

Pearl and Garnet chuckle in joy, and Steven giggles.

"Thanks Amethyst." Steven calls out as he runs off.

"No prob! Just bring me back a bear claw!" Amethyst shouts. 

Steven hums a tune as he skips over to the Big Donut, when he passes by Sour Cream, holding a stack of flyers and looking rather sad.

"Good morning Sour Cream! Putting a rave tonight?" Steven asks.

"Oh, the flyers? No, it's Onion." Sour Cream says.

Sour Cream holds up a flyer, revealing a "Wanted" poster of Onion, but instead with "Missing" written over in red marker.

"He's been missing for a couple of days now. My mom and Yellow-dad are starting to get worried. You haven't seen him around lately, have you?" Sour Cream asks.