55. Escapism.

I'm sure most of you will have noticed by now but we have a new cover for the Story that I think is just fantastic. Here's a better look at it for you all if you haven't been able to see it yet.

 Here's a better look at it for you all if you haven't been able to see it yet

We also just hit 300k In reads!!! So thank you everyone! :D 

If we can hit 15k in votes by Tuesday 7pm I shall release Change your Mind early!!!

After being thrown into a dark empty room by Yellow Diamond, Stevonnie attempts to get out by bashing against the door with Steven's shield, but gets blown back when the shield breaks.

"Ughh... Hmm. Not getting out that way." Stevonnie looks up. "A window!"

Stevonnie climbs up and looks out of the window, finding themselves in a solitary tower high above the ground. They then accidentally slips and falls off the window, unfusing back into Steven and Connie.

Connie grunts. "You okay?" She asks Steven.

Steven nods. "Mm-hmm."

Connie sighs and pulls out a Protes bar. "Well... Good thing I grabbed a couple of these before the ball. Otherwise, we'd have nothing to eat. Can't escape Gem prison on an empty stomach." Connie breaks the energy bar in half. She hands Steven a half, and the pair chomps down on the energy bar.

"We never should have come here." Steven sighs.

Connie swallows her food. "What?"

"This whole plan! What was I even thinking?" Steven asks himself..

"Well, you were thinking that if you came to Homeworld and talked to White and Black  Diamond, maybe you could save all the corrupted Gems on Earth." Connie reminds him.

"Oh right. And look where that got us. What bout the others!? What about Y/n!? We don't even know if they are okay!" Steven says.

"Well, we knew it wouldn't be easy." Connie says.

"Yeah, but I didn't think I'd get every Crystal Gem poofed at the same time. And what'll Dad say when he finds out? His only son, in jail at fourteen! What a disgrace..." Steven says.

"We can't give up; one step at a time! We'll think of something. Okay, so, we tried the bubble and the shield and that window. What else have we got? Uh... Hey, my phone. Oh, wait. No reception. Not that there's anyone we could call for help anyway." Connie starts listing ideas off out loud.

Steven, curled up in distress, begins to slip into his psychic mind state, but quickly wakes up, breaking out of the state and gasps in shock and realization.

"How long do you think they'll keep up locked up in here? 100 years?" Connie asks.

"That's it!" Steven shouts.