XXXI ; confessions and dragons

* * *

            ELARA SAT IN FRONT OF DUMBLEDORE, HER LEG BOUNCING UP AND DOWN. after seeing her dreams come true multiple times -- elara decided it was best to go to dumbledore. it took a long while to convince mcgonagall to give elara the password to dumbledore's office without sounding completely mental, but she had done it.

            he was currently reading her two journals. elara looked around his office, feeling awkward. everything was silent except for a few portraits talking and the dull ticking of a clock. earlier, elara and ron got into a fight about harry, so now both harry and elara were avoiding ron, which meant avoiding hermione sometimes too. 

            only the gryffindors were impressed with harry. the hufflepuffs, who were usually friends with the gryffindors, did all they could to haze harry. the slytherins, especially draco, were worse than usual. the ravenclaws seemed to think harry was just desperate for attention.

            draco had taken to making pins that said "support cedric diggory, the REAL hogwarts champion" that would switch to, "potter stinks!" anytime harry would walk by. draco and harry got into a fight, as usual, and hermione was caught in the crossfire.

            dumbledore finally put down the second journal. for the first time, dumbledore's usually soft and warm expression was slightly worried. elara sat on the edge of her seat, awaiting what dumbledore would say.

           she was wondering whether or not she should've mentioned the siren call she had heard in her latest dream. hearing voices wasn't a good thing, even in the wizarding world.

            "it seems you have a peculiar ability, along with your metamorphosing, elara."

            elara nodded, waiting for dumbledore to explain further.

            "please tell miss granger a 'thank you' from me, for giving you these journals. they've been a great help."

            elara fidgeted with the hem of her skirt.

            "i am unsure of what this newfound ability of yours is, but if you could continue writing your dreams down and alerting me when something like this happens again, i am sure we will be able to figure this out. i would advise not to tell harry, but it is up to you."

            "okay," said elara, the tiniest bit disappointed.

            she had a feeling dumbledore was withholding some truth, but she didn't blame him. elara passed by a mirror earlier that morning, and she saw she looked like death. she thanked dumbledore and stuffed her journals in her bag.