LXVI ; career advice

* * *

            "BUT WHY HAVEN'T YOU GOT OCCLUMENCY LESSONS ANYMORE?" said hermione.

            "i've told you," harry muttered. "snape reckons i can carry on with lara now i've got the basics. . . ."

            "snape said that? i thought he saw you two snogging," said ron through a mouthful of buttered toast.

            "and you will too, if you don't shut it," said elara threateningly, pointing her knife that was dripping with strawberry jelly at him.

            "that's as bad as seeing gin snog michael corner, except worse."

            "so you've stopped having funny dreams?" said hermione skeptically.

            "pretty much," said harry, looking at his plate.

            elara raised an eyebrow at harry. as much as snape hated talking to elara, especially willingly, he would've said something to her if he wanted elara to continue teaching harry occlumency.

            "well, i don't think snape should stop until you're absolutely sure you can control them!" said hermione indignantly. "harry, i think you should go back to him and ask —"

            "no," said harry forcefully. "just drop it, hermione, okay?"

            "'mione, its okay. i can teach him," said elara gently.

            "not without supervision, you won't," pushed back hermione.

            "i should write nymphie to see if my dad's died, 'cause you seem to be channeling his spirit," said elara angrily, shoving around her scrambled eggs.

            it was the first day of the easter holidays and hermione, as was her custom, had spent a large part of the day drawing up study schedules for the four of them. elara, harry and ron had let her do it — it was easier than arguing with her and, in any case, they might come in useful.

            just as hermione handed them their study schedules, elara leaned over to whisper to harry, "snape didn't really let you off lessons, did he?"

            "well, he did in a way," said harry sheepishly.

            "harry james potter, what did you do?"

            "i may have seen my dad and his friends bully snape in the penseive..."

            "oh, harry."