Prologue

As the clock hit midnight, his eyelids were drooping, threatening to close but fluttered open when the boy beside him reached out for the popcorn bowl that was sprawled out on the coffee table in front of them.

A comfortable silence was among them, now both of them observing the romantic scene that was displayed on the small television.
The whole screen illuminated as the protagonists' lips met each other, the boys' eyes getting blended by brilliant light but slowly adjusting, their ears being serenaded by a lovely tune played by a string orchestra, occasionally accompanied by the chirping of the crickets outside the window.

The small brunette sighed as he rose from his half-sitting, half-laying position to stretch out his limbs.
This was a typical Sunday for him, sitting on his couch cuddled up against his best friend, watching romantic movies while stuffing his mouth with popcorn.
Why Sunday, you may ask? He had no idea, perhaps a way to overcome the discouraging thought of school corrupting their brains on the following day.

"Chim, do you think I will ever find love like this? Like, real one?," Kim Taehyung, the boy, mumbled, observing the way the good-looking man on the screen was kissing his lover, so sensually, so desperately, so full of passion, his eyes wide as saucers.
He hugged his blanket even tighter, his eyes never leaving the screen.

He felt his heart swell with desire, the desire of someone loving him and being his everything, until the end of time. But he knew life wasn't a pink fairyland full of rainbows and unicorns, and he knew he was probably wasting his time by wanting to find such love, a love full of truth and passion.

He had been through it before. Meeting someone, believing their every word and their every promise, committing himself to that someone, trusting that someone to be his sail through the storm, his answer to all his questions, the missing puzzle piece to complete himselg.

But eventually, experiencing his downfall, colliding with the cold, cold ground, feeling his heart crack into pieces painfully and being left alone to pick up the pieces and leaving him with nothing but a broken heart and constant paranoia aswell as trust issues.
He had faced betrayal and break of trust and he did not think anyone would be able to ever mend his still broken and fearful heart. No matter how much time passed, he believed a part of him would always stay wounded.

But at the same time, there was another part of him that yearned for beautiful and true love; he wanted to be held, to be cherished, to be caught when threatened to fall and at the same time wanted to be the one to hold, cherish and catch his loved one.
Part of him still had hope.

His companion Park Jimin looked over to him, his face immediately lighting up as he saw the beautiful boy's side profile, his eyes never leaving his best friend's soft features.
"I'm sure you will, Tae. Someday, when the time is right."

°○●○●○°

Meanwhile, on the other side of the city, another boy was strutting around in his not-so-tidy room, trying to find his documents and timetables for the upcoming day.

The scenery outside his window was terrific, a perfectly starry night just like in a Disney movie, but he didn't even spare it a glance.
Instead, he groaned in frustration and ran a hand through his already disheveled raven hair, messing it up even more.

Suddenly, the door barged open and in the frame stood a very tipped off young man, however, his baby-pink sleepwear not making him seem very intimidating.

"You're still up? God Jungkook, I told you to pack those documents early! Why won't you ever listen to me?"
The intruder furrowed his eyebrows, glaring at the younger boy.

"Sorry Seokjin-hyung. I was busy the whole day so I guess it slipped my mi-"

"Slipped your mind, huh? Tomorrow's your first day at your new school, and I would prefer it if you wouldn't make a horrid first impression!"
He put his hands on his hips, emphasizing his annoyance at the other.

"Calm down hyung, I just found them. Why do I even have to go to this school, it sounds so boring!" The boy named Jeon Jungkook rolled his eyes, sorting his newly found documents and feeling a sense of utter relief within.

"Young man, your father is sending you to this school so you will learn to get rid of your AWFUL habits! Drinking, smoking, skipping class, sleeping around, having a new girlfriend per week, now this is what I would call absolutely horrendous behaviour!" Not giving a single care about the volume and the current time, his cousin Kim Seokjin proceeded to scold him.

"Okay, okay, I'm sorry. It's just, I don't always have my life under control, you know? And before I know it, I get myself involved into... problematic lifestyles." The ravenette sighed, running a hand through his uncombed hair.

Seokjin huffed. "An understatement if you ask me. But hey... Jungkook?" The younger boy looked up to his cousin, whose expression softened.

"Even though it's gonna be extremely hard, I hope you'll find love soon, you know? Like, real love. Someone who will help you overcome the challenges of life. And maybe stop your ridicilous smoking.
Anyways, that was it. Don't get up too late tomorrow, I don't want you getting late on your first school day." With those words, Seokjin closed the door and padded back to his room.

Chuckling slightly at the other's change of moods, Jungkook took all of his belongings and stuffed them carelessly into his rucksack, not really looking forward to the next day.
He started thinking about Seokjin's words.

How was he supposed to find love anyway? He was a high schooler, a young, immature high schooler. Who was about to start his senior year.

Finding love wasn't very likely at his age, it was way too soon.

That's what he thought, at least.

☆☆☆☆☆☆☆

(A/N: that was a long ass prologue, sorry for that :D
i'm gonna do the introductions in the next chapter!
btw i guess this story's gonna be kind of cheesy and dramatic? i'm a sucker for those things :)
byeee)