1

26.12.2019; Laura

"No way!" I screamed loud enough for the neighbors to hear. My mum and dad smiled at me.

"As you probably noticed you can take three people with you but one of them has to be 18 or older" my mum said, making me even more excited.

"Oh my god thankyouthankyouthankyou" I breathed out while hugging my parents.

In my hands I held four plane tickets to Los Angeles, California, where the next tik tok convention will be held. I was sure I wouldn't be able to go. Money hasn't really been a strong point of ours these days. I was so happy I would be able to meet my fans and some of my favorite tiktokers and all of my online friends who were going.

I ran up to my room and took my phone. I texted my boyfriend, Max. He probably wouldn't even have known about this if I wasn't always ranting about it.

'Guess what guess what guess what!'
read

Do I have to guess?
read

No I'll just call you, if you're free of course
read

Yeah of course let me get some better internet and we can ft
read

Okiee
read

In less than a minute my phone started ringing. I picked up.

"Hello what's up?"

"I can go to Cali!" I yelled.

"That's amazing I'm so happy for you" he smiled.

"I was wondering if you wanted to go with me. And since you're 18 I don't have to worry about bringing my parents or my sister"

His smile grew wider.

"Of course I want to"

I squealed happily. We talked for a while until I had to go to dinner.

"I'll text you later" I said. He nodded and ended the call.

I ran downstairs and sat at the table. My smile never left my face. Emily seemed confused by it.

"Who hit you with a happy potion?"

I waved my plane ticket. Her eyes grew wide.

"You're going and I can't?!" she seemed very upset.

"Who said you aren't going?" I said before she could continue.
"I'm giving one to you" I smiled and she returned a wider smile back. She hugged me and said a bunch of thank yous. We got to dinner.

——

"Can I leave? I wanna ask Kirsty if she can come with me" I asked politely, as usual. My mum nodded and I ran to my room. I picked my phone up and facetimed her.

"Hey whasupp" her face appeared on my screen.

"Hello fellow citizen I have news"

"Well don't just stand there like a statue. Tell me"

I showed her my tickets. Her eyes went wider than Emilys, which I didn't think was possible. I just nodded.

"I was wondering if you wanted to come with me"

She smiled and nodded.

"Absolutely"