74

12.4.2020; Laura (i'm adding a bit of minecraft to this book just cuz that's something I feel inspired to write about. You might not get everything happening, but dont worry too much, it's not important :))

I ploped on Maihua's bed with a sigh. We had such a nice morning and Pyper ruined it.

Whatever.

I picked my phone up and scrolled through Tik Tok. My foryou page was filled with the most random videos ever, but that didn't change how boring they were. I smiled realizing I have the password to Maihua's account.

With a few taps I logged in and scrolled through her for you page. To be honest it wasn't very different to mine but I recognized less of the people which made it much more interesting.

The small red dot by the Following button tempted me to tap it. I pushed myself away thinking it's a bit too invasive.

But is it really? It's still just tik tok, it means nothing.

I tapped the button. Pypers video immediately appeared on my screen. I cringed slightly at her face but scrolled past, not wanting to make myself overthink. Videos I've already seen on my own account followed that one. I smiled at my own videos, feeling surprisingly confident about them.

I closed tik tok and opened YouTube instead. While scrolling through my recommended a Minecraft video popped up.

'Minecraft, but three people control one player'

As I did have a Minecraft faze and the title was extremely interesting I clicked on it. A male voice spoke, with two others following.

Soon enough I figured their names and what they're job in the challenge was. George, he had a british accent controled their hotbar and mining, Sapnap, with a slightly hint of a Texan accent which I smiled at seeing as I was from Texas myself, controlled attacking and Dream, who's channel the video was on, controlled moving. I laughed at their stupid jokes even though I wasn't sure what some of them even meant.

By the end of it I became extremely invested and started watching a bunch more videos. By the time I finished three recommendations for streams popped up. Figuring I could order and make some food for the few people in the house I clicked one of them and played it in the background while ordering.

"I'm killing Tommy" Dream spoke, grabbing my attention. I looked at my screen. He was attacking someone with his sword, in Minecraft of course. The other's sking had a red and white shirt and blond hair.

"Dream why the fuck did you do that?" another British boy joined the call. He didn't sound older than 18. Dream and the rest of them laughed while Tommy raged and demanded his stuff back. His voice sounded familiar, and thinking about it his name did too.

I minimized the video and typed Vikkstar123 MCC into the search bar. I scrolled for a few seconds before I saw Tommy's name in one of his titles.

Ohh that's where I know him from.

A notification appeared at the top of my screen.

'Pyper commented on your video'