27

5.2.2020, Laura

Maihua left and I was left alone with her sister. She was in her own room while I was in Maihuas. We didn't really see eachother at all up until we got hungry and ordered pizza. We ate in pretty much complete silence.

"I wanna say I'm sorry. Properly this time. Not over the phone or whatever" Gaonha broke the silence. "I'm really sorry. I didn't even know he had a girlfriend. I was broken, alone and drunk"

I paused for a moment.

"It wasn't your fault. If you knew he wasn't single then it would be. But you didn't. So this is completely his fault. And mine"

She gave me a questioning look.

"It's not your fault though. You didn't make any of this happen. How could it be your fault?"

"I wasn't enough. He wanted to...you know... and I couldn't give him that"

She nodded. "Still not your fault. If he wasn't willing to wait he didn't deserve you anyway"

I smiled.

"We should start over" I said. She nodded in agreement and put her hand out.

"Gaonha" she smiled. I shook her hand and smiled back.

"Laura"

——

The door of Maihuas room opened. I looked up from my phone to see Maihua and another girl. They were drunk and all over eachother. They didn't notice me when they started kissing, which slowly turned into a make out. Maihua picked her up and threw her on her bed. I didn't want to watch anymore so I got up and left the room with only my phone.

I knocked on Gaonhas door. After I heard a 'come in' I opened the door.

"Hey can I stay here? Maihua has a girl over and apparently forgot that we share the room" I said trying not to sound as disappointed as I was.

"Oh of course. I'll get you an air mattress" she smiled and started pulling one out. I thanked her and smiled. She told me to sit down on her bed in the mean time so I did. I watched her plug the air mattress in and then wait for it to blow up.

She looked at me and gave me a small smile. "You luke her huh?" I nodded and sighed.

"Why don't you tell her?" she asked and sat down next to me.

"I did. And she said she likes me too. The reason we aren't dating is that I'm far from ready. Starting to date Max was hard for me, after this. It's probably gonna take even longer" I explained. She nodded.

"Yeah I get it" she said and gave me another smile. "She'll wait for you though. Yes she might hook up with other girls in this time but she won't date anyone. She'll wait"

I nodded and finally smiled. "Thanks"