10

30.1.2019, Maihua

I woke up to a sleeping Laura in my arms. I smiled until I noticed how distressed her face looked. A single tear started running from her eye. I wiped it of and whispered calming words to her. More tears feel and she started shaking.

She suddenly shot up and fell back down. Her eyes were wide open.

"Oh you're awake" I said, relieved. She looked up at me and hugged me tightly. I hugged back.

"You okay?"

She nodded and moved away. "Bad dream" she explained and smiled. I smiled back. She stared into my eyes for a second. I was a bit confused but I didn't move.

She looked away and smiled again.

"You okay?" I asked getting her attention again.

"Yeah" she was still smiling.

——

"Sorry to bother you but visiting hours are over" a nurse said through the door. I got up off the bed.

"I'll see you in the morning" I smiled and left the room.

"Bye" I heard before I closed the door.

I walked over to my car and drove back to my hotel. I threw myself onto my bed.

"Oh hey" I heard a familiar voice. I looked up at my sister.

"Hey" I said and put my head back down.

"Where were you" she asked, not overprotectively but more so curiously.

"I was visiting Laura in hospital"

"Oh. Okay" she walked over to her bed.

"You know it's your fault as well right?" I asked, sitting up and looking at her.

"What is?"

"The fact that she's in hospital. She's there because of you and him" I was getting mad at her. I think she knew how much she fucked up.

"Oh. Yeah. I'm really sorry about that"

"Don't be sorry to me be sorry to her!" She flinched. "She's fucking in love with him and you ruined that for her."

She sighed and looked even more down.

"I know I just-"

"You just what? Thought it would be fun to just cheat on your girlfriend?"

"I didn't have a girlfriend" she said quietly. I softened.

"What?"

"She um. She'a been cheating on me. With my best friend"

I went over to her.

"What? Since when?"

"Since she met them. So three years ago" she trailed off.

"Oh my god that piece of shit" she flinched again.

"I knew. I just didn't want to admit it to myself. She broke up with me the day before we left. Over text. She said she wanted to date Mal"

"I'll fuck her up I swear. How dare she!"

"Stop. It's fine. I'll get over it. And so should you"

I sighed. "Fine"