39

11.2.2020; Laura

"Laura!" I heard from across the hall. Emily's room. I got up, phone in hand with tik tok playing through my headphones, and slowly made my way to her room.

"Yea?" I asked finnaly looking up from my phone. She got up and pushed her phone into my face. I studied the screen. Maihuas story. Cool or something? There won't be any tik toks for a couple of days. Something happened preventing Maihua from filming or posting them. I hope you guys understand. Xoxo Gaonha. My eyes wen wide as I read the small paragraph.

"What? Wait how? I-" I stuttered, finding zero words to say. Emily shruged and took her phone back.

"They didn't post anything else just yet so I recommend you call Gaonha" she said, turning her phone off and pulling in for a hug.

"I'm sure it's nothing serious. She probably just broke her phone or something" she calmed me down. It didn't really work as I was still thinking of the abslute worst. I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Go call Gaonha so you can actually know what's going on" she said and let me out of the hug. I nodded again and left her room. I closed the door to my room and slid down it. Why was I so worrued over someone who hurt me this much? Probably because she was my absolute best friend and it's hard to just forget someone like that. Yeah that's definitely it.

I got up and moved over to my bed, the floor not feeling nearly comfortable enough for a breakdown like this.

I picked up the phone. I was about to press the green call button by Gaonhas name, but changed my mind. I threw the phone away from me and pressed my knees into my chest. My phone haunted the left corner of my vision, calling for me to call Gaonha.

I finnaly gave in and hurriedly pressed the buttons on my phone, not giving myself even a second to stop myself. Once the phone was ringing I placed it onto my bed by my leg and waited for Gaonha to pick up.

"Hey, I'm assuming you're calling because of Maihua" she said right as she answered. I was relived to hear nothing but empathy in her voice.

"Yeah. What happened?" I asked, picking my phone up and holding it by my ear.

"I think she went for a drive while she was angry and got into a crash. I was called to the hospital she's at only after she was already there and they didn't tell me anything but what I just told you" she explained. In the background I could hear the quiet chatter of other people.

"Can I come over there? This happened because of me, the least I can do is be there for her" I said, not very sure at my own argument myself.

"Of course. Fly down if you can and I'll give you the name and address of it" she said, her voice even softer. I could basically hear her smile.

"Okay. I'll book a flight, hopefully, and tell you when I'll land" I said, giving her enough time to say goodbye and then hanging up. My feet lead me to the laptop on my desk. I scrolled past the tabs I had open for school and searched for the soonest flight to North Carolina. After a couple of minutes I had one that left the next day, early in the morning. I scrambled up as much money as I could get out if my savings and even took a bit out of the money I had for emergencies. This was an emergency anyway.

After the ticket was payed for and the only thing left to do was to print it out, I leaned back in my chair and sighed. This is a nightmare.

A/N: a bit longer than usual cuz we hit 200 votes. Thank youu!❤️