66

11.3.2020; Laura

After that whole thing I completely forgot it was my birthday. If I said I didn't enjoy that I would definitely be lying. Probably the best birthday ever, and it was my 18th as well.

"Wait I'm officially an adult guys!" I yelled out of absolutely nowhere. Maddi jumped and glared at me but then started laughing with the rest of us.

We were definitely tempted to pull an all-nighter but I wasn't sure if we'd be able to. We had just enough electricity to have two lights on and most of our phones were dead, meaning we couldn't even play music. Maddi was still confident that we could stay awake while Livia was just about ready to fall asleep.

"I can't stay awake, I've already almost fallen asleep while sitting up twice now" Livia sighed and make her way to her sleeping spot. Maihua nodded and followed very shortly after.

"Are you really not tired?" I asked Maddi, my eyes getting heavier and heavier. She shook her head.

"Well I definitely am, but I want to stay up with you" I added.

"I mean it would be really cool to have someone be awake for the sunset but I get it so feel free to sleep. I have a powerbank, I'll just keep myself up with my phone" she replied. I didn't have to be told twice and before I knew it I was laying next to Maihua, practically asleep already.

I woke up to darkness around me. I looked up seeing the starts still covering the sky and the sun was from close to rising. There was light coming from infront of me. Maddi was still awake.

"What time is it?" I asked quietly, scaring Maddi a little.

"4.30" she replied. I shruged and sat down next to her.

"Whatcha watching?" I asked, peeking at her phone. She was watching a Dolan Twins video, which I wasn't even surprised at. We both really like their videos and have found a common interest in them.

"Oo which one?" I asked, actualy recognizing it before she replied.

"Lie detector Q&A" we said at the same time, causing ourselves to laugh.

"That's one of my favorites from them" I laughed. She nodded. "Yeah mine too"

We watched videos together until around five am when the sun started rising. I only then realized how gorgeous our view was; the small hill overlooked the few towns and villages, with the river going into a large lake in the background. Behind all of that, was a mountain that covered about half the visible horizon.

I felt two arms wrap around my waist. I looked behind me seeing it was Maihua.

"Oh hey" I chuckled.

"Morning"