7

30.12.2019, Laura

Maihua left. I started missing her the second she closed the door. Emily entered.

"Kirsty went back to the hotel" she said while closing the door. I nodded.

"Did he come?" I asked. As much as I hated him I hoped he cared enough to at least try and come see me.

"I know he was outside. I think he changed his mind about coming in" she explained.

I nodded again.

"Oh by the way. Klara said she'll come down. We do need someone who is 18 and since Max is leaving-"

"He's leaving?" I asked. I wanted to talk before he went. She nodded.

"Did you want him to stay?"

"I wanted to talk to him before he went home"

She grabbed her phone.

"I'll text him to wait until tomorrow. He can't come now since visiting hours are over"

I smiled. "Thanks"

It went quiet for a bit. Emily put her phone down and came over to my side.

"How are you feeling?" I thought for a second.

"I feel like there's a hole in my heart. Like something's missing. Or someone" I trailed off.

"I don't blame you. You were in love"

"I still am" I corrected her. "Just that now it hurts"

She nodded. "Enough about him. You need rest. Do you wanna watch a movie together?"

"On what?" I didn't expect her to have anything but her phone on her.

"Kirsty brought her laptop. She didn't come with the ambulance. I was the only one with you"

I nodded. "Can we watch Love, Simon?"

"Of course"

I moved a bit to the side and she layed down on the bed next to me. It was a bit small but we managed. After half the movie, sleep was already consuming me.

——

I woke up in the same hospital room I feel asleep in. I remember why I'm here and sadness filled me. I looked around seeing Emily on the other hospital bed sleeping. I guess they let her stay there since it was empty.

I lifted myself up. I wonder if I can even walk. I turned to the side of the bed and put my feet on the floor. I put my whole weight on my legs. They felt weak but strong enough to take me to the door. I opened it and looked around.

Max was sitting on one of the chairs in waiting room. I walked over to him but half way there my legs gave in. I yelped and almost feel. But he caught me before I reached the floor. He carried me to a chair.

"Why are you walking around?" he asked quietly. He avoided eye contact.

"I don't know" I said not really remembering why I decided it would a good idea. He crouched infront of me finnaly looking into my eyes but only for a moment.

"Why did you do it?" I asked. He sighed.

"I don't know. I wish I could explain but I really can't" he looked down even more. "I really am sorry. I'll understand if you don't forgive me though"

"I don't think I could if I wanted to" I said looking at him. He looked up and nodded.

"I'm going home today. So you won't have to see me" he said, an abnormal amount of sadness heard in his voice. He broke his own heart.

"Okay. I'll see you when I get home I guess"

He nodded and got up. He waved and I waved back. He left and I was all alone once again.