53

19.2.2020; Laura

Surprisingly enough I felt much better than I did the day before. I still felt terrible but definitely not as much. I also started to see that this was something I had to do.

On a separate note, my sister had just finished her plan to move to Cali and was going there in a month, when we'd both turn 18. I've been thinking of going with her for a long while, the only thing that really held me back was the fact that I wasn't sure if that's where I want to live.

My phone dinged with a message from Maihua. I got up from the couch and called her just like she asked me. The phone rang a few times before I heard her voice.

"Hey what's up?" I replied and walked further up the stairs.

"Are you going to Vid-con?" she asked, reminding me of the event coming up.

"I haven't even thought about it. I don't know if I'll have enough money to go" I explained.

"What do you mean? It's in Texas" she replied.

"It is?!" I almost yelled. I realized how loud I was and checked to see if anyone heard me.

"Yes!" Maihua replied, a smile heard in her voice.

"Then I'll definitely go. Will you come?" I continued, only realizing after I said it that she probably is, considering she called me about it.

"Duhh. I wouldn't miss it for the world. Especially if you'll be there" the last part was said a lot quieter. It brought a smile onto my face though.

We talked for a little while longer, talking about her staying at our place and about when it even is, where it is, who's going to be there and so on. We confirmed that we will both be there and help eachother out in terms of tickets and such. It was a youtube event and neither of us were that. We would just go as fans of some of the youtubers and possibly to meet some fans of ours as well. I think one of the reasons was also to see eachother but Maihua definitely wouldn't admit that.

The next few weeks went on with nothing too special happening. I finished online school early and only had a few exams to take in June. While I was planning this trip, my sister was growing more and more excited to move and made me want to come with more and more as well.

I only realized when there were only two days left that I never even asked my parents if I can go.