41

12.2.2020; Laura

I sat on Maihuas bed, memories of the time I visited flooding back in. I started missing Maihua even more than I was before. This room felt empty, sad and lonely. She was missing.

Gaonha knocked on the door and came in. I gave her a sad smile.

"How are you doing?" she asked while sitting down by my side and putting her hand on my shoulder. I thought for a second.

"Really bad" I said truthfully, hoping she could mabye help me. I know she's helped Maihua through a lot and I need a lot of help right now.

"Wanna talk about it?" she continued and pulled me into her chest, holding me in a conforting hug.

"Promise you won't react badly?" I whispered, not sure if I wanted her to know.

"Of course. Just get it out, trust me it'll help you." She started drawing small circles on my back.

"I've been going through a lot recently. School has been more stressful since I started doing it online, I'm crying practically every day because of it and there's no one to comfort me. I got back together with Max and I honestly feel as if I didn't sometimes. I always feel extremely paranoid, not because I think he'd want to do it again, I'm just scared that he will. My family is too busy for me, even my twin sister is too busy with planning her moving to Cali. And then on top of all that I've lost Maihua" I explained, hesitating with the next part.

"You can always come to me. Just call me or even facetime me. I'll always be ready to help" she smiled down at me. I nodded. "Anything else you want to get of your chest?"

I sighed and nodded. "I've gone back. I promised myself I wouldn't so long ago but I had no other cooping mechanism. I cut again" I mumbled the last part.

"Oh honey. It's okay I understand. You needed to help yourself and that seemed like the most logical way of doing so. Next time you want to go there call me or text me, whichever you'll feel more comfortable with. Okay?" she continued, being practically the first person ever that didn't make me feel insane about this whole thing. I nodded.

"Thank you. I really needed this"

"It's no problem at all. To me it makes sense to help others"