24

4.2.2020, Maihua

I got ready and we were on our way to breakfast in less than 20 minutes. After not being able to decide on where to eat we seatled on Starbucks. We ordered and sat down. Everything was great, we were laughing and eating. Nothing to special. That was until she came in.

"Fuck, not her" I mumbled underneath my breath but Laura heard me. She turned around confused.

"Who?" she asked, turning again.

"My ex. We were together for almost a year before I found out she'd been cheating on me for a few months. With a guy" I explained and sighed.

"Why are you upset to see her then? She quite obviously lost an amazing girl. She doesn't even deserve you" she said, genuinely surprised at how upset I was.

"Yeah but I really loved her. I was sure that she's the one and I was planning on proposing after we'd finnish school"

"Yeah that's fair then. But don't worry about her. She's not worth it"

Right as she said that she came over. She sat down pushing Laura to the side.

"Heyo" she said, giving me that manipulative smile.

Laura rolled her eyes and moved away from her and closer to me.

"Listen I know you probably think you can just do whatever you want, because daddy let you do anything you wanted, but you're invading our personal space so move" she said with a childish voice. I was about to start laughing.

"Oh am I now? I'm here to talk to Maihua, not you so you're the one being an extra here"

"If you're trying to get her back I advise you just stop before you hurt your feelings. Or worse I hurt your face"

I just watched Laura deal with her like she's done this so many times. I was happy to have a best friend like her.

"Oh why should I? Who's stopping me from having her? You?" she laughed.

"Oh my god you'll never guess but" she said in a sassy voice and continued in a normal one "I'm her girlfriend"

I was surprised but I smiled at the thought. And also to go with it.

"That's never stopped anyone thought"

"It'll stop you sweetie. Now I think we're done here so you can go. Bye bye"

I couldn't help but laugh. She have us a dirty look and got up.

"I'll be back" she huffed and walked away, her ugly high heels clacking against the floor.

We both burst into laughter. I gave her a high five and we carried on with our breakfast.