21

3.2.2020, Laura

It's been a bit over a month since I met Maihua. We were on facetime all night quite a few times especially around this time. We've been trying to meet up again but neither of us has enough money for plane tickets. I've been trying to convince my mom to give me some and I've been saving all of the money I get from tik tok and youtube, which isn't much. I finnaly convinced my sisters and brother to help out a bit but I have to clean for them to get it. It's been a tough few weeks of trying to get enough but luckily my mom added the small amount of money I needed to get a plane ticket.

I cliked a few times and before I knew it I had a plane ticket that I just needed to print out. I was planning on not telling Maihua and surprising her. That would be a but tough especially since I'd need her sister to do that. The same sister my boyfriend cheated on me with. But I bit my tounge and dmed her. She agreed to help pretty much just to say sorry for that whole thing.

I had to fly alone. My anxiety level was high but I was determined to get through it. I wanted to see Maihua so badly I had to suck it up and get on that plane. So I did. I sat in the middle seat. Next to me was a young woman and the window seat was empty. I figured I would be able to get a lot more comfortable if I sat in the window seat so I moved. The lady seemed happy that I did. I guess she thought of the same thing as I did.

I was scared to look out the window so I did my best not to. My eyes couldn't help but glance through though. I expected myself to freak out but instead I watched in awe. It was early in the morning and the city lights were beautiful. As we got higher the sunrise started to appear. I took a picture just before we got over the clouds. I smiled as I watched the clouds go by slowly. They reminded me of heaven.

I looked back at the  seat in front of me and enjoyed my favorite playlist. Eventually I feel asleep, falling into a dream.