68

11.4.2020; Laura

Today is Maihua's nineteenth birthday and I could tell she was excited. She invited a bunch of people, me included to just chill in a random field by a river. I wasn't sure how many people would be there, I did know there were enough people for me not to be able to stay at hers. I'd be staying the night after at her manager's with two other people. I didn't really care where I stayed as long as I could actually celebrate her birthday with her.

I arrived early in the morning, first one out of the bunch. Maihua picked me up and we stopped by where I'd be staying to leave my stuff there. Then we made it over to her place where we prepared everything.

"I'm sorry you can't stay at mine. AP and a few others called dibs and I couldn't do anything about it at that point" Maihua apologized.

"It's fine. I really don't care as long as I get to celebrate your birthday with you" I smiled.

"Speaking of which" I smiled and hugged her. "Happy birthdayy"

She laughed and hugged me back.

"Now I do have a gift for you but you're getting it later" I smiled and moved away from the hug.

"You know you really didn't need to bring a gift, you being here is more than enough" she replied. I laughed.

"No I had to buy this for you, trust me"

An hour later a few people, who I met for the first time, arrived and we decided on just going where we'd be all day. The rest could just come there.

I met AP, Pyper and Hope so far. Gaonha was with us as well, but I already knew her. AP and Maihua were hanging around eachother most of the time as well as Pyper and Hope. That left me with Gaonha, which I was happy about. We haven't talked in a while.

"Do you think Maihua's gonna go home at all from here on?" I asked quietly, making sure Maihua was too busy to hear.

"No I don't think so. We can probably bring it out" Gaonha replied, looking around as well.

"Kinda sad I won't get to see her reaction when she opens it" I sighed. Gaonha nodded.

"It really surprised me that Maihua didn't push for you to stay at ours" she added and picked up a few of the chairs. I nodded in response and helped her.