T'challa - Maybe

(Just a small lil one)

"Please, just keep this between us Bruce." You muttered as Bruce nodded sadly.

"You'll eventually have to tell them." He said as you nodded.

"I know. How long?" You asked as he looked down.

"About a year." He said as you nodded slowly, he hugged you as you began to cry.

"I'm so sorry Y/N." He whispered, the door opened as a man stepped in and you turned around.

"Oh, I apologise. Tony wanted me to find Y/N." He said as you nodded and wiped your tears.

"You must be T'challa. You said as he nodded and you shook his hand.

"I'll see you later Bruce." You said as he nodded, you left with T'challa as you smiled kindly.

"Tony said you'll be stay here for a few months. I'm basically on new recruit duty." You said as he chuckled.

"Well I would much rather you." He said as you blushed a little. You showed him around the tower and when you were done you both ended up sitting together with coffee and tea.

"The rest of the team is pretty busy today so I thought we may as well get to know each other." You said as he nodded.

"I don't mean to be rude, or impose. But is everything alright? You seemed quite upset." He said as you swallowed a lump in your throat.

"Y-Yeah just, found out some news." You muttered as you took a sip from your mug.

"You're dying." He said as you looked up in shock.

"How do you know?" You asked as he smiled sadly.

"I am rather observant of people." He said as you chuckled and smiled.

"I'm sorry Y/N." He said as you smiled sadly.

"We all gotta go eventually right?" You said as he tilted his head slightly.

"But someone like you doesn't deserve to go so quickly." He said as you looked at him in confusion.

"What do you mean someone like me?" You asked quietly as he smiled.

"Kind, pure of heart and beautiful." He said as you blushed as looked away from him as he chuckled lightly.

"I didn't mean to startle you with my words, I apologise if I over stepped." He said as you looked up and shook your head.

"No no it's not that, it's just been a while since anyone has said anything like that to me." You muttered as you smiled back at him.

"Thank you T'challa. Maybe this last year won't be as bad with you here." You said as he chuckled.

"Maybe not."