Bucky/Steve - Close call

()

(Trigger warning. Who wants to smoke weed on a beach at 12am while listening to Old 45s?)

"Y/N." You heard a voice say.

"No. Go away." You whispered as you felt a hand on your shoulder. You turned and the figure disappeared.

"I'm tired." You whispered as you looked out onto the city from where you were sat on top of a mountain.

"I don't know how much longer I can hold on." You whispered. You ran your hands over the soft grass as you sighed. You stood up and looked over the mountain edge.

"One step, and it's gone. One step and the voices stop, the pain stops. One step and I'm gone." You whispered as tears streamed down your face.

"I thought I mattered, I thought I was special, apart of something. But I'm not, if I took that step. No one would blink would they?" You said as you looked down. You began to sob as you looked out onto the city.

"When will it stop?" You whispered.

"Y/N?" You heard a voice ask as you turned around.

"B-Bucky?" You whispered as you recognised his face.

"N-No, you're not here. You died." You whispered as you went to take a step but Bucky pulled you back.

"Y/N don't." He said as you fell into his arms.

"Hey, stay with me." He whispered as you looked up at him.

"You're not real." You whispered before your eyes closed.

"Y/N, please." He whispered as he picked up your cold body. He gently placed you into the back of his car.

"How is this happening? You should be dead." He whispered before he began driving back down the mountain. He made a quick call to Steve.

"Hey, I'm heading back now. I um, have someone who needs our help." He said as he drove.

"Alright Buck, do they need Bruce's help?" He asked.

"Yeah." Bucky mumbled as he looked back at you in the back seat.

"Alright, I'll let him know. See you soon Bucky." Steve said before hanging up. Bucky drove into the tower and opened the door where you lay, your eyes began to open as he picked you up.

"H-How are you here?" You whispered as he smiled softly.

"It's going to be alright." He muttered as he took you into the elevator.

"JARVIS, tell Steve and Bruce I'm here." Bucky said as he looked down at your pained face. He made his way to the infirmary and gently laid you down on the bed. He ran his finger over your cheek as he sighed.

"Bucky? Is that Y/N?" He heard Steve asked as Steve looked down at your face.

"Yeah it is." Bucky whispered as Steve's eyes widened.

"H-How is she here? How is this possible?" Steve asked as Bruce came into the room.

"Bucky." You whispered as he sat next to you.

"It's alright doll." He whispered as he held your hand.

"What happened?" Bruce asked as he looked to Bucky.

"I found her up on a mountain, she was about to jump." Bucky muttered as Bruce nodded, Steve looked at you sadly.

"She looks like she might have acute hyperthermia and there's a lot of self inflicted wounds." Bruce said as Bucky brushed your hair away from your face.