People Change /3/

/This is an original oneshot by your truly/

Summary:
                   Peter was getting left behind
                  by the avengers, and not only
                  that... but his father figure,
                  Tony Stark. They were now
                 treating him like a toy to push
                 around, and the only person.. 
                 well AIs that actually cared
                 were FRIDAY and Karen and
                his spider-mum.

...

They applied for Midtown High, it was all the same... and they saw a figure surrounded by tons of students in the hallway. Tony Stark.

Upon closer inspection he saw the exhaustion and sadness in his eyes as he tried to put up a smile. Peter, -known as Brook- had been in his disguise, still putting a sweet child front. "U-uhm! you do know that surrounding a celebrity can make them uncomfortable! I mean look at his eyes!" He shouted as Nathan looked at Peter, he could hear what he had said. Since both were now different.

The students scattered away after the voice, however the billionaire took note of the familiar voice. "Spidey?"

He trudged towards the two and they both stiffened.

"You're welcome for having me save you. you looked tired... and Spidey? who's that?" He asked as he blinked innocently. The appearance was too familiar, it was Chess.

"Oh I helped THE Iron Man?!" when the billionaire was about to say something they both ran.

Previously what was on the news was: 'Avengers searching for unknown figures... ' And it showed a picture of their faces.

When that clicked into Tony's head he ran after the two, the suit forming around him as he started to fly after them. "Great, we just walked into our own doom." He turned around and realesed a web like string towards the tin-can. It seemed to wrap around him, and sink through the suit. "What were you here for Tin-can?" Nathan approached the metal man as Peter walked on the wall, making his way onto hanging from the ceiling. making a net with his fingers with the string, and throwing it ontop of Tony Stark.

"Be lucky I'm not going to kill you."

And then Nathan put his hand on the suit's shoulder, It seemed like an invisible force crept up it's way up the suit... causing Tony to freeze up inside it. "Vitals?" Tony asked as the voice of his Ai seemed to freeze up, unresponsive.

And with that the two got away, well tried to... Infront of the entrance were the other avengers along with his mama spider.

She ran to the boy and picked him up, the disguise covering as Peter's normal appearance covered itself again. Clint's eyes widened as he walked to Peter and grinned, ruffling his hair... the only other figure he could remember his kids by. "I saw Stark and webbed him up, Nathan froze him!" His voice was laced with excitement but was cut off short as he noticed a familiar shield wizz passed him.

"That shield really doesn't obey the laws of physics at all!"

It was a familiar line as Captain America called out: "Spidey?"

Not even... 'Peter' came out of their mouths. "You only want Spiderman back... not even the person behind his mask? did you even try?"

And with that it seemed as though the two boys disappeared, however Nathan was taken away... And his microchip signalled who took him. "Oh come on!"

He stood back and knew where to go, he could have gone to the avengers compound but he missed FRIDAY, so going back to Stark Tower he greeted the Ai who made a joyful mark. "Peter!" If FRIDAY could, he swore she would've given him a hug.

"I missed you too FRIDAY!" he chirped back and then got an alert from Karen. "Nathan had been taken by the other avengers for questioning"

"Should have gone to the avengers compound..." He grumbled before recieving another alert: "Mama Spider and Katniss have been held as traitors to the others as well"

...

The boy made his way there, it was easy for him and a more fun journey. He managed to sneak inside and follow where the three were placed, noticing one of the rooms had the three in tied up. Keeping to his word, he was silent and made his way in the room, blending in completely as he silently crept on the ceiling. He had dealt with the security cameras, then alarms and any upcoming back-up behind the doors.

When he finally got inside he responded from behind them, sitting cross legged on the ceiling: "Y'know it isn't nice to tie up your own teammates. Did you miss me?"

And with those words a fight ticked off, yet a small playing card was released between all the rucuss and flew between each gap in question, landing swiftly between Nathan's fingers who went his way to cut the ropes he was tied to, and released the others... however Peter was caught, his disguise drained from battery and he sighed: "Frick frack tick tack..." and it continued to mumble from there.

when they had seen the brown doe eyes and the curly brown hair once again their eyes softened, Tony hugged the boy and he growled back, pushing the man away from him.

"You care now?! I killed people and went around by my own for a while and now you care? You moved on. all you care about is Spidey, Spidey. Do you... even remember my own name?" his voice started to break as he began to cry.

All of them were silent until the three who were taken in stood up: "His name is Peter. Peter Parker. And you didn't question when he came back with bruises or giving him more without realising, let's leave."

But they were stopped in their tracks as Peter hadn't cried in a long time. He wasn't Brook, or Chess, or Spiderman... he was just Peter. only a kid...

After an apology from all of them, Peter didn't forgive them but made an effort to try, to slowly go back up to them. Nathan got to stay with him for a while before leaving, The avengers tried to know who Spiderman was behind the mask.

And he came back as Spiderman, the news revealed:

"Spiderman has returned after being in hiding as Chess. But he is back into helping the citizens, the friendly neighbourhood Spiderman: Peter Parker came back for protecting Queens."

Maybe everything would get better for him now...

[END]