Balance

/This is an original oneshot by yours truly~ I hope this one interests you! I jusy thought about it differently./

Summary:
                  Something keeps Peter at
                  peace and he meets the titan
                  in a different place, getting to
                  know what it was like for him
                 as well...
...

Peter felt himself at peace and opened his eyes to appear in the green plain area... he sees Thanos and feels like he lost something as well. "Are you hurt?" Peter scooted towards the titan before giving a small tender smile, he knew villains should have a second chance.

"Child, I feel the guilt of killing someone so close to me..." he pictured Gamora when she was young, he actually felt happy to save this child even if a genocide had to happen, even for power.

"I understand, I killed someone too... even if I never wanted to, even if i had the power to." Peter looked at the titan remembering on how his Uncle Ben was killed, he couldn't do anything... he hesitantly hugged him. It was strange...

"Even villains deserve second chances. I know you aren't that bad of a person... kind of. I don't know your backstory but everyone deserves one... you do too. you aren't different. I'll protect you. They must have forgotten about me anyways." Peter referred to the avengers as he never seemed to return.

People would think Peter was insane, Thanos put his head gently on the boy's head. He felt a duty other than power... "Thank you child..." Peter hitched his breath before saying his name. "It's Peter... you... you can call me Peter..." He would be here for a long time...

...

"Where is Peter? Where is the kid?" Tony panicked as he looked at Steve, they were all confused except for Rhodey and Natasha. "Who?" The captain asked as he then looked around. "Peter! Spiderman?" Then they remembered the boy who was in the battle with them... he was young. "I don't seem to see the boy here Stark."

Tony felt heartbroken. "Peter didn't die. He's alive! he dusted in my arms Strange!" He was now shaking and starting breathing unevenly. He remembered his own words when he saw Peter on the rooftop:

'If you die it wouldn't matter to you. But if you had died, it would be on me. I don't want thay on my conscience'

They all looked sorrowful for Tony... He really lost someone. Steve was assuming but finally knew that he had someone so close to him. "I lost the kid Rhodes... I lost my kid..."

It wasn't a good experience for Tony, every small movement or the empty room... Peter wasn't there. "Please... Peter... where are you?" The man kept on coffee or cranberry juice, making sure that when his kid returns he wouldn't see him in a drunken state. If he returns.

Thanos and Peter talked alot, they got along and Peter felt a little upset that he wasn't with them... "It's alright Peter, I'm right here." The titan soothed the boy as Peter lay his head down on his lap. "Do you think Mr Stark is upset with me?"

"Why do you think that child?"

"Because I died... he said that I died that would be on his conscience." he suddenly felt soothed and closed his eyes.

"Well you are safe now..."

They wandered the plains together as it was breathtaking... unlike the ruins on the planet they had seen. "Mr Thanos?" The titan made a low hum in which Peter smiled to. "Thank you for being here!"

...

How long has it been now?

months without Peter? It was close to his birthday... So close to his birthday... He would turn 16 then.

A portal opened and out came the titan, FRIDAY signalled that a sign of Peter was out there, the others got alerted that the Titan had returned... When they all arrived there they froze.

"He didn't hurt you right?" Tony said in a hesitant tone.

"No Mr Stark!" It was giddy and gentle. "I wasn't lonely anymore, He was by my side and we talked alot... he deserves a second chance Mr Stark... he lost alot too. And not just power.." Peter gave a bright smile as he was still in his spider-suit.

"I... want to stay with Mr Thanos... or maybe he can visit?"

That shocked them alot and Peter blinked. "Why would you want the titan who almost destroyed our planet to stay here?"

"If you don't want me here...." Peter looked heartbroken at that and looked down at his shoes, shuffling side to side slightly... The Avengers got in a fighting stance as they saw Thanos crouch and hover his hand over the boy, but it gently ruffled his hair as he gave a smile.

"I'm always here child."

"If you need me you know what to do, I'm sorry for your loss... alot of it. I hope to fill in that gap for you." He smiled and they still kept their guard up.

"Remember you can always call me Peter, and visit!" He said with a bright tone as the titan gave a slight nod before disappearing through the portal. "Mr Thanos went through a lot..."

Tony approached Peter and hugged him tightly not saying a thing.

"Mr Stark Is this a hug?... Are we there yet?" He said hesitantly wrapping his arms around the smaller boy. "Yeah... Yeah we're there now..." Tony had tears falling down his face in happiness to see his kid was back.

"Did Thanos... threaten you? how are you so... calm?"

Peter shook his head with a smile as he hugged Tony before letting go. "We talked and it looked beautiful... a paradise. He made sure I wasn't alone."

Wanda looked through Peter's memories and went too much to the point of what the boy went through. "I think he wanted power to restore the balance in his heart... and in power as well." Wanda had tears falling down her face. "It's true." The female got hugged as Peter had made it better... now it was time for everything to be mended again...

Thanos visited a few times to greet the child, he was gladly accepted into the world. Peter was shown to be the exact real balance in this world... And if someone had killed him, it would erupt both the Avengers and cause Thanos to be a tyrant again. Everything went nicely this time, a perfect ending...

[END]

/Do you like it? it is a bit different now! I changed it up a bit, tell me your thoughts about it!/