Rise Together

Day three since Lucy's death*

Dried tears were visible on his face. He was slightly dirty and dusty as he lay on his bed with his arm over his eyes. He had not eaten or moved for two days and Happy was getting worried. Not moving or eating at all was definitely unlike him and Happy needed help to reach out to Natsu.

The front door busted open and a shout resonated throughout the house "NATTSSUUU!" Natsu didn't move. Strong muscular arms grabbed up Natsu and swung him over the man's shoulders. He didn't resist. He was lifeless.

The man walked out of the house and walked towards the guild. Natsu had opened his eyes and had a dull gaze upon the ground, arms loosely swaying with the man's steps. The man kicked the guild doors open and walked inside. Everyone was silent and had gazed upon the pink haired man who looked like a lifeless punching bag over Elfman's shoulders. Elfman slid Natsu off his shoulder and propped him up to be seated at an empty table.

Mira walked from the bar to the table with a plate of food and utensils. She set the plate before him gently and sat next to him. Natsu just gazed off as if his brain was not there. Emotionless face with sorrow filled eyes. It pained Mira to see Natsu like this.

Gently "Natsu…"

No response.

"Natsu… you have to eat." Silence

"It wasn't your fault… Don't do this to yourself…. You did your best." Natsu looked as if he wasn't there. His body was in front of her but inside, Natsu had locked himself away.

She gazed down at her clenched fists on her lap. Tears began to fall. She was helpless. What could she say… He just lost one of his best friends.. to save her sister…

Elfman spoke as he looked towards the doors "Natsu… What you are doing… is not a Man."

Natsu's eyes widened a little.

"You are running from your friends. You are not the only one hurting. And you are not responsible for her death." He put a stern gaze upon Natsu. "We know… you saved Lisanna for us… so we wouldn't have to go through it again…" tears began to fall from his face

Someone brushed against Natsu and sat down on next to him.

"It's not your fault Natsu... It is mine... I made a bad judgment of this mission and I should have known better. I should have known it was too much for you to handle… That you would try and protect two members"

Gray stomped up and slammed his hand on the table. "SHUT UP! ITS NONE OF YOUR FAULTS!"

Erza had her gaze down towards her lap, her bangs covering her eyes.

Mira softly "Gray…." Giving Gray a worried look.

"I know what I saw.. I…it was dark… Natsu rushed to save Lisanna…He didn't see… And I… was too late… If only I had come faster…if" horror and anguish showed in his teary eyes…

"ENOUGH!" a white haired girl yelled with tears flowing down her face. She was at the bar and now she walked up to the five.

"This was not our fault! Things happen. We are mages. We go on missions, risk out lives, and risk our lives for our friends. But right now.. This is not how we should be….."

They were all silent. Tears streaming down the faces of team Natsu.

"What would… Lucy think if she saw us now…."

Their hearts sank.

"Lucy would want us to live on." Levy interrupted as she walked up next to Elfman. "She would be heartbroken to find her friends hurting because of her…"