Intervention

She cried harder.. still standing on the ledge…

The two men were still as rocks. Nothing could have prepared them for this. This was definitely not supposed to happen. They were supposed to bring Lucy back to Fairy Tail safe and sound. And everyone would be happy. But this girl in front of them.. was just as close to dying again.. EVEN if they did get her out from the danger she was in.. Lucy would never be the same…

Loke must have realized it before them.. By not telling her of that day.. of her lost memory.. he was just prolonging the inevitable.. they stood there realizing this.. mind racing to try and figure a way out.. try and convince Lucy not to give up… but what right had they to demand such. She had died and was given another chance to live... she was terribly traumatized. They heard what had happened in detail from Loke earlier that day. His side..Gray's side. It was a straight nightmare.

Her sobbing rang into their ears.. slowly regaining their composure.. shock turning to anger..

"So that's it?" Laxus said in a booming voice that seemed to cut through Lucy's sobbing.. the soft sound of the ocean waves below the ledge. "You're just going to give up?"

She looked at him with tired eyes, standing dropped at her sides. Laxus was angry but she didn't care. She was emotionless now. Nothing could make her hurt now, her heart was numb.. frozen...

"YO bunnygirl" Gajeel said darkly. "You've been through situations that have almost killed you. Situations where you probably should have died. But you survived. Heck you even survived me. And look at you now. You are here. You ain't dead yet. And you're gonna just give up AFTER EVERYTHING YOU WENT THROUGH…." He growled.

Her chocolate wet eyes looked at Gajeel now. Gajeel's anger and disappointment didn't phase her either. She couldn't feel.

"Why did you even join Fairy Tail? Why did you even want to be a mage? WHAT did you FIGHT for?" Laxus said in a low and calm voice now. "The Lucy Heartfilia of Fairy Tail I know would NEVER give up."

Lucy couldn't feel anything anymore. She had been very cold when she walked to the ledge.. so very cold and it had like felt nothing could warm her. And now she couldn't feel the ground… she didn't smell the ocean.. she couldn't move...

"You said your friends were the most important things to you. So I guess these keys mean nothing to you" Gajeel lifted his forearm horizontally in front of him, Lucy's key bag in his hand. "These spirits are supposedly your friends. If you quit being a mage, aren't you abandoning them? Was all that nakama talk just bs?"

A bright light came from one of the keys and a crying Loke appeared between the two dragon slayers and Lucy. Her expression didn't change, emotionless gaze and tears running down her face.

"Lucy…." He started very gently and in a loving manner. As if a brother was consoling his crying little sister. "Weren't you the one who told me not to give up. You were the one that saved me from disappearing? I wont let you give up. I wont let you…I WONT LET YOU. What's the point of living as a celestial spirit if I can't be your strength and protect you."

Lucy was looking at Loke now. His speech must have gotten to her. He was careful not to sound angry.

"I'm not angry with you. But if you were going to… give up… give up on me anyways...you should've let me die."

Her eyes widened. She didn't mean for this to happen. She was just so hurt…

What happened next was the unthinkable. A loud rumble was heard. All the stars above began rotating fast to create bright arching streaks in the night sky. The ocean waters shot upwards creating a tall wall of ocean water dangerously close to Lucy since she was almost at the very tip of the ledge. A bright light began to shine through the water wall and an even louder rumbling was resounding through the air. The ocean wall split into two and revealed a gigantic armoured celestial spirit. He had his arms crossed and took a step foward between the two tall walls of ocean water.

Laxus and Gajeel couldn't believe what they were seeing. They mouths agape, they felt fear and awe at the sight of the most powerful looking celestial spirit they've ever seen. They walked up slowly to stand next to a surprised and scared Loke. Lucy turned around slowly at met the gaze of the Stellar Spirit King.

"Human girl…" He said in his commanding and loud voice. "I have watched you for some time now.. and you are the most peculiar human girl I have ever come across.."

"You who call your spirits friends.. you who have respected each one and made them all love you… to face death to save my old friend who stands behind you… to influence Leo to promise to make you the strongest celestial human this world has seen yet.."

Lucy looked back at Loke in shock. Loke was smiling gently at Lucy.

"And not only Leo.. but all your celestial spirits have vowed such as well…to do so or die trying…." He paused.

Shock clearly evident in her face, Lucy looked back at the king. The stellar spirit king who came all the way.. to convince her?... no….

"It pains my heart to think that the radiant bonds between you, human girl, and your friends may be broken..They may never be able to fight alongside you, their cherished friend, ever again if you do as you say, give up on being a mage…."

Lucy was clutching her hands at her chest now. The tears were unending... Mouth quivering…

"Lucy…" Lucy turned around to face the three men. "I wont give up on you. We, your friends wont give up on you. You'll never be alone"

Her heart warmed just a little. She was gaining her feelings back.

"We'll be right here. Beside you. So stop this nonsense about quitting. We'll never let you go. Ever." Loke smiled warmly.

A smile crept up on her face. The three men smiled back in relief. Success. Her dark wall.. the one she was hiding behind alone... they had broken through.

Lucy turned to face the spirit king once again.

"Before I go..I have a gift" A small bright light descended down to Lucy and she held out cupped hands. The light nestled in her palms and materialized into two celestial bracelets. "The only conditions I have is that you must continue living on with your friends fighting.. living on…. And that the gift must be returned to me after you have no need of them."

She clutched them in her hands. "Thank you.. old mustache man.. You're the best" Lucy smiled widely as she looked up to his face.

He chuckled and began to fade away. "Goodbye Leo, human girl and human girl's friends." He became a bright light and the stars began to rotate once again. The ocean walls fell down and became as they were before the king's arrival.

Once everything had calmed down, she turned around. She slowly put the bracelets onto her wrists. They fit perfectly. She was suddenly hugged by Loke. He kissed her forehead. "Go rest now. I'll always be here if you need me. I'll see you tomorrow princess" He faded into a light and disappeared.

She looked at Gajeel and Laxus, both of them were watching her while smiling. Gajeel threw her keys at her and she caught them. The two took a step forward, now the two men were facing each other, and each lifted out a hand towards Lucy. Having noticed that both did the same thing.. awkward moment.. they death glared at each other…

Lucy smiled. The two men were too busy glaring at each other.. Lucy slowly put a hand in each of their hands. They broke their stares and looked towards Lucy who had started walking in front of them while holding their hands. She let go as she walked past them. A large cloak was gently place around her, hood and all. And as quickly as the cloak came, she was lifted up bridal style. He hadn't thought about what the night air was doing to her. Her hands were freezing.

She went to panic mode.. it was dark.. she was being carried.. oh no..

In a calming whisper "Don't worry. I won't let you fall. Relax and go to sleep"

She still trembled. Laxus had caught on early that she was panicking. He looked at Gajeel. Gajeel nodded without looking at the two. They knew.. to never drop her again.

She was feeling warmer.. and it felt so good.. like she hadn't felt warm for years. Her puffy eyes closed and sleep overcame her.

"Dream of good things Lucy"

^_^