Ocean Ledge

It was a normal day.. At least as normal day after the incident could get.. Mira sighed. The guild had been a lot quieter after Lucy's passing. Erza was barely around anymore. Gray and Natsu stopped fighting as much. She assumed that their fighting reminded them of Lucy more. It was Lucy who always yelled at them for fighting when Erza was gone. Mira looked around the guild.

A few tables away, Natsu had his head in his crossed arms. He had grown a little. His fiery spirit came out from time to time.. but he was a little different.. a little awkward.. He smiled to his guild members when he saw them..but it wasn't the same smile as before.. Mira knew better. Natsu was feeling lost. How could she not know how he felt.. he had to experience losing two of his best friends twice..

"Hello there Mirajane."

"Oh Gildarts!" Mira smiled. "What can I do for you?"

"How long as Natsu been moping around like that?" He turned around to look at Natsu.

"… it's been a while.. He's still grieving."

"Hm….."

Gildarts was scratching his chin. "Okay Mira. Natsu and I will be gone for a while."

"Just you and Natsu?"

Gildarts smiled at Mira. "That boy needs a man to man talk. He can't be moping around forever."

Cana walked up to Gildarts "Make sure you get some sense back into him."

Gildarts turned around to Cana with hearts in his eyes "Cana! I hope you don't mind daddy leaving for a little bit."

Cana said smiling "Yea yea. Just hurry up and grab him before you lose him."

"Just don't kill him Gildarts" Mira said smiling, but with a dark aura seeping out from her.

"I'll try." Gildarts smiled. This was going to be fun. And by the time they came back, he hoped the old Natsu would return as well.

Gildarts walked over to Natsu with heavy thuds and grabbed Natsu's scarf and shirt. He flung Natsu over his shoulder and waved with his free hand good bye to Mira and Cana as he walked towards the guild doors.

"WHAA! AAHHHHH! GILDARTS LET ME DOWN!"

"Nope you and I are going on a Man retreat"

"AAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH! HAPPYYY!" Natsu struggled to be released from Gildarts.

"Nattsuuuu!" Happy flew after the two. The guild doors closed and they were gone.

Cana faced Mira "Mira the guild is so quiet now. Where is everyone?"

Mira had a look of concern on her face "I know. Everyone's gone.. Gray went to train at some snowy mountain. Juvia followed as usual. Levy, Jet and Droy have been taking missions constantly. Gajeel has run off somewhere, probably to train. Laxus took vacation leave. And Erza is taking S-class missions as they come. The raijinshu have been out for a while now. Lisanna and Elf-man have been doing missions together and now.. even Natsu is gone for who knows how long…" She sighed…

"With it being so quiet… I can't even enjoy my beer. I guess I should go on a mission too." Cana looked out lazily at the empty tables of the guild.

"If even Cana was going to go out on a mission… SOBER.." Mira thought.. "how much had Fairy Tail changed. Could they ever go back to what they were before…"

×××××

Lucy was back at the campsite now. She was in the tent sleeping peacefully in her sleeping back. Wendy had been lightning transported with Laxus to Gajeel and Lucy. Laxus was amazed that Gajeel had successfully calmed her down so quickly after he left. Lucy's leg was completely healed and there appeared to be no significant other damages to her body.