Epilogue

The two were lying on a blanket.. sprawled on top of a grassy hill...

"Laxus....."
"Hm....."
"When you marked me... did you know it would save me?"
"No..."
"Then you marked me not knowing that it would.. I could've died and left you all alone... without a mate...."
"Yea...."
"wha...wh...."
"Shh.... Mrs. Dreyar... I marked you... because I did not want to live with the guilt... that I never took the chance to mark you as mine... to not have you.."

He looked at her.. Lucy was lying next to him.. she was using his arm as a pillow.. his arms wrapped around her...

" I would rather risk my life to be your mate for a second... than not have been at all..." he smiled warmly.. and he kissed her forhead...
Lucy smiled... "I'm glad... you did...Thank you.."
"Mm..." Laxus smiled..

×××××

Natsu was sitting on the bench with Lisanna... Lucy and Laxus on the bench in the opposite row... they watched their children.... Walk down the isle... everyone cheering... and filing out after them...

Natsu stayed behind...

"Natsu?" Lisanna said with a confused face..
"I just need a moment.. go on ahead" Natsu said smiling...
"Okay.. but hurry on out okay?" she said as she walked down the isle.. after the new wedded couple... she smiled thinking that Natsu probably needed some time.. to let it sink... their son was all grown up.. tears of joy... were threatening to come out of her eyes...

He watched a beautifully white wedding dressed Lily.. holding tightly to black suited Asher arm.. both smiling widely at each other in pure bliss.. a smile crept on his face... Asher looked just like himself... and Lily looked just like Lucy... it was just like how he imagined it would be... how he and she would look like... at their own...

"At least our children... got to live the dream we wanted... Maybe... in another world... in a different life... you and I.... would have had our happy ending.... Just like you wanted it.... Princess... and the fire breathing dragon... with shiny armor..." Natsu chuckled to himself...

.

.

.

"Luce...."

×××××

Edolas Fairy Tail

Hey... Luce..."
"What...."
"I love you.... You know that right?"
"yea yea.... I know..."
"That's all you have to say?!"
"tch.... What a needy boyfriend..."
"you... sniffle sniffle... don't love me?"
"agh you big crybaby!"
"I'm sorry... I'm sorry..."
"UGH!... Iloveyoutoo..." she muttered softly..
"What did you say? I couldn't hear you..."

"I SAID I LOVE YOU TOO YOU BIG CRYING BABY!"

The man quickly grabbed her face and kissed her confidently.. quite different from his normal persona... she sank into bliss from the kiss... turns out... Lucy Ashley could be tamed with a kiss.. quite a trick he had learned... he gently parted his lips from hers... and smiled.. she smiled back... he put his arms around her... and she hugged him tightly....

"CAUGHT YA!" Wendy appeared from behind them... "HAHA I KNEW IT YOU BOTH LLLLLIKKEEE EACH OTHER!"

"WENDY!" Lucy Ashley cracked her knuckles.. before.. Nastu grabbed onto Lucy's hand.. and pulled her into a run... he dragged Lucy along.. running and laughing... away from the rest of the guild who were gathering to see what seemed the impossible... Lucy Ashley.. and Natsu Dragion... on a date...

The couple ran off.. hand in hand... laughing and smiling... towards a bright future... even if magic had disappeared.. even though their whole world had changed... all they needed was each other.. that's all they ever wanted...

THE END