Going Home Part1

When Wendy woke up, she noticed that it was very warm. She was so comfortable and… someone was hugging her? She blinked and looked around the tent. Carla was sleeping happily in her arms and there was a heavy arm around her.. She turned to face… Gajeel was sleeping quietly and he was lying on his side facing her.

Wendy giggled. Gajeel was like a big brother to her and this wasn't the first time she's slept with Gajeel in a tent. In fact, they had gone training before Lucy's incident. It was the first time Wendy had slept so close to him however. But she knew, he would do no harm to her. They were fellow dragonslayers and they understood each other. He might be tough and scary looking but he was just as much a goofball and a kid inside. He even cried when he finally got Lily as an exceed.

She looked towards Lucy and to her surprise, Laxus was hugging Lucy from behind. They were both asleep and she couldn't help but think they looked good together.. even though he was so much bigger than her. Lily was sleeping facing Carla and in Lucy's arms.

Wendy was so happy. As they trained on the island, Lucy and Wendy had gotten really close and Wendy became Lucy's adopted sister. She was so happy that Lucy didn't die.. And when Gajeel Laxus and Lily arrived, they helped Lucy transition back to being herself .. helping her patiently deal with her inner demons and fears.. slowly.. Lucy was coming back. They always included Wendy too. They did activities like a family would. Eat play sleep. Wendy wished it would never end.. but she also missed everyone back at the guild. She wondered how they were doing..

×××××

Mavis was watching from the second floor. Things were back to normal now. Natsu, Happy, Erza and Gray had just been discussing together about reforming their team. They missed each other and it helped that each wanted to see how much they've all gotten stronger.

Master Makarov walked up next to Mavis and jumped up onto the railing.

"Third Master"

"Yes First Master?"

"I think its time."

"Hm… yes.. they've been gone long enough. I would like to have them back before the exams begin."

"Yes indeed. They've gotten stronger."

"Let's proceed inside. Fourth!"

Master Macao looked up from the first floor. He had been drinking next to Wakaba. His smiling face quickly transitioned to that of a serious stern one. He got up abruptly and walked upstairs. The three entered the master's office.

×××××

A certain dragon slayer had heard their conversation from above. He had felt the masters gazing upon him and his friends. He thought.. "Why are they so serious? And who are they talking about?" He was looking up at the Master's door.

Gray watched Natsu as his attention was on the Masters who retreated into the office. "Oiy flametard. Are you even listening?"

"Yo ice stripper you wanna start something?" he quickly snapped back.

Erza's dark aura soothed from her as she sat on the side next to both Gray and Natsu. They quickly shut their mouths. But something was bothering Natsu.

"Hey Erza… Gray… did Master send some people away on something?"

"What do you mean Natsu?" Erza asked.

"Just.. Master Makarov and Mavis were talking about.. calling some people back.. before the exams start?"

Gray's eyes went slightly wide. His heart skipped a beat. He thought to himself "could it be?" He gulped and tried his best to hide his anxiety and excitement.

Erza noticed Gray's surprise. She raised an eyebrow. "Gray, do you know anything about it?"

"No, I don't know who Master would have sent off. Maybe the raijinshu?" He quickly saved himself.

"Maybe.. they do do a lot of errands for the Master on behalf of Laxus" Erza said. She still suspected Gray of hiding something.

"Well I will see you guys later. I have errands to do myself. " Gray got up.

"What errands?" Erza asked. Natsu was still in deep thought. He was thinking for once. But it wasn't everyday that the three Masters looked so serious and talked about bringing people back. He just hoped they were strong so he could fight them.

"Jeez Erza, I have a life of my own too you know. Later~" Gray gave a small flick of his hand as a wave and walked towards the back of the guild. He gave a glance at Romeo who had listened to the whole conversation. Romeo was following Gray with his eyes and understood. There was a smile on his face. Gray chuckled and went out the back door.

×××××

Laxus was enjoying his day off, the sunlight felt so nice. He was sitting down on the reclined beach chair. He could hear Lucy cursing under her breath. He chuckled. Gajeel was sure hunting her down good.

Lucy was running through the island and she knew the shadowed figure was running close after her. A while ago, Gajeel had noticed that Lucy had her panic attacks when he went to his shadow dragonslayer mode and with Lucy's permission, they started playing games with him being in that mode. It was hard at first, she would panic the minute he would enter it but now, she was adjusting to it. Fighting the trauma. It wasn't easy for Gajeel either.. he didn't like seeing the raw fear in her eyes. But if it was to help her move on, he would gladly help out.

She was slowing down and she knew she needed to think of a strategy. For some reason, Gajeel was determined to catch only her and ignore Wendy and Lily. If he was going to play like that, then she had no choice. She was starting to feel weird vibes from him and she had her suspicions that Gajeel… that him out of all people.. was attracted to her. And all she could do was feel guilty.. It's been 4 months since they arrived. She had to end this now before it got any stickier. She suddenly stopped in her tracks. The shadow stopped as well a few feet away from her.. Lucy turned around to face the shadow.

"OPEN THE GATE OF THE TWINS! GEMINI!"

The shadow braced itself, ready to strike as it anticipated a strong opponent to appear. Gemini appeared and Lucy gave the two celestial spirits a nod. To his horror… a small blue haired girl… He was so surprised he exited from his shadow dragonslayer mode. How could he ever hurt her.. even if it wasn't the real Levy he would never.. Lucy was evil he thought… but then..

"Information retrieval complete." Levy spoke calmly as she stood before a surprised Gajeel.

"Levy McGarden. Solid Script Mage. Partners with Jet and Droy. Loves reading and is slightly competitive. Considered best friend of deceased Lucy Heartfilia"

Lucy was startled at this. Gajeel noticed. That's right she thought.. people still thought she was dead..

"Levy's opinion of Gajeel. Strong dragon slayer. Pretty handsome. Boyfriend-worthy. Has been forgiven of acts committed under Phantom Lord. Jerk for leaving her without saying anything.."

He didn't know what to say. He was completely frozen. Levy… thought he was boyfriend-worth? Him out of all people? He blushed at the thought of him and Levy together. His mind was racing. Although he had his suspicions, he always brushed it aside that the squirt had an interest in him. She was adorable and he wanted to be by her side whenever she was around.

"You see Gajeel" Lucy got his attention. "Levy has liked you for a while now. And I know you are helping me move on.. but I would be a terrible best friend if I kept you away from her. I'm sure she misses you terribly."

He just looked back at her. Not knowing what to say in this situation.

"Go home Gajeel." Lucy said as she turned around and ran away. He just watched her disappear.

^_^